Type keyword(s) to search

Stand By Me (1986)

• Start Topic

"You guys wanna see a dead body?"

On August 6th, 1986, this coming-of-age masterpiece premiered in California. Based on a Stephen King novella called The Body, it featured young stars Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, and Jerry O'Connell, in a story of friendship in the twilight between childhood and becoming an adult. Despite the subject of the boys going on a journey, it's both moving and timeless, a movie that may have been forgotten by some. Such a shame that River isn't with us anymore.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I just watched this a couple weeks ago.  I was watching my 14 month old granddaughter who just would not go to sleep and I being unfamiliar with my son and daughter in law's TV I ended up on a channel that was playing this.  Still one of my absolute faves.  I cannot hear Lollipop Lollipop without thinking of this movie.  The scene of them sitting around a fire talking about random things (what the hell is Goofy?) is one my all time favorite scenes in any movie.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:05 PM, heatherchandler said:

I miss River Phoenix.

Me too.  Any time I see one of his movies I think fuck River Phoenix is still dead.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1