Type keyword(s) to search

AMATEOTW in the Media

• Start Topic

F0TIzjRWYAAt1D9?format=jpg&name=large
A Murder at the End of the World is a 7 episode mystery series tentatively scheduled for a November release with a two-episode premiere from Hulu which seems to be dependent on the "Strikes". This TV series was originally known as Retreat and initially had 11 guests. The series was filmed primarily in Iceland, with additional shooting in Utah and New Jersey. 

A Murder at the End of the World has a new kind of detective at the helm - a Gen Z amateur sleuth, tech-savvy hacker and author named "Darby Hart". 
F01WKr9WIAQY8aG?format=jpg&name=900x900
Darby and eight other guests are invited by a reclusive billionaire, Andy, to participate in a retreat at his compound in a remote and dazzling location.
F1HOwWWXwAA2QVo?format=jpg&name=large
 When one of the guests is found dead, Darby must use all of her skills to prove it was murder against a tide of competing interests and before the killer takes another life. 

F2KNb7tXYAE8Qgp?format=jpg&name=medium
FyiWzWXaQAECugG?format=jpg&name=4096x409
Emma Corrin as Darby Hart, an amateur sleuth and tech-savvy hacker
FyiW0kIaIAIYs5z?format=jpg&name=4096x409
F2KNehNXgAEYZeK?format=jpg&name=medium
Harris Dickinson as Bill Farrah, an artist
F2KNangXcAA4Lzw?format=jpg&name=medium
Clive Owen as Andy, a reclusive billionaire living in a remote compound
Alice Braga as Sian
Jermaine Fowler as Martin
F1_baspWIAY2NWy?format=webp&name=medium
Brit Marling as Lee, a hacker
Raul Esparza as David
F0HzAXYWwAA075Q?format=jpg&name=medium
Joan Chen as Lu Mei
Louis Cancelmi as Todd
Edoardo Ballerini as Ray
Pegah Ferydoni as Ziba
Christopher Gurr as Marius
Daniel Olson as Tomas
Britian Seibert as Eva
Javed Khan as Rohan
Ryan J. Haddad as Oliver
Kellan Tetlow as Zoomer
Neal Huff

Shocking Theory Reveals Hit New Murder Mystery Is Secretly A Prequel To Apple TV’s Best Sci-Fi Show Of 2023

Since Silo is based on Hugh Howey's book series and A Murder at the End of the World is an original show created by Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, there is no way the two shows could be linked. However, several narrative threads in the two shows have uncanny connections, making it hard not to theorize that A Murder at the End of the World could be a prequel to Silo.

• Like 1
On 12/3/2023 at 7:25 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Am not into sci-fi, so I have never watched Silo. Not even its trailer. 😬

I can see where they're going now, and I did skim that article and read a spoiler. My mistake, though. :) That home, deep below the earth - the silo is really deep in the earth like that. There's are scenes of people travelling up and down, for different reasons, and some people never interact, because they're living in different worlds. 

I don't know if it's a spoiler, but Brit Marling said the end would be

Spoiler

straight-forward.

I read that earlier. 

• Like 1