Type keyword(s) to search

Strays (2023)

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2023 at 5:09 AM, Spartan Girl said:

This looks ridiculous and I want to see it so bad.

I saw it last night and it was exactly what you'd expect from the trailer, only a little more scatological and a little more poignant.  I'm not really a fan of crude, bathroom humor, but nevertheless thought it was hilarious and laughed waaaaay more often than I winced.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I've been reading reviews and several of them complain about the language in the movie.  So I'll just acknowledge that while I don't generally find bathroom humor funny, I do enjoy filthy language; one of the funniest movies I've ever seen is Clerks, which originally got an NC-17 rating based solely on language.

In my case, the filthy dialogue in Strays overcame the bathroom humor, but I should probably warn others about that calculation.

It was hilarious. The dogs were so adorable, despite all the horrendous things they said and did.

Did NOT need the rabbit murder though their desperation to cover it up and the “I know nothing about those rabbits” running joke made me laugh.

Loved the Josh Gad and Dennis Quaid cameos. I’m not a huge fan of those Dogs Purpose movies, so I appreciated the movie mocking it. “Narrator dogs” indeed lol

I died at that part that used “Wrecking Ball” for the soundtrack. I’d say that the pooping was overkill, but Doug was such an asshole he deserved it. And he can keep Marley and Me out of his fucking mouth!