Type keyword(s) to search

The Little Mermaid (1992) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So with the new movie coming out, I’m curious if anyone remembers the series? It was basically a prequel series and almost much everyone from the movie came back to reprise their voices: Jodi Benson, Samuel E. Wright, Pat Carroll…not mention all the new characters we got like Gabriella, Spot, Urchin, Stormy…

I didn’t love it as much as Aladdin, but heck, I still watched it every day. And unlike Aladdin, it’s on Disney+ if anyone wants a refresher.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I didn't really remember the TV cartoon all that much even though it aired on CBS on Saturday mornings. Garfield was the one CBS Saturday morning show I remember keeping up with in 1992 after NBC's TNBC having started that year. After going to YT to look up the opening I found that and a short clip too. 

-----------

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 3

New animated TV series is in development at Disney Junior called “Disney Junior’s Ariel” for pre-schoolers.

Set in the fantastical Caribbean-inspired underwater kingdom of Atlantica, The show will try to highlight the multicultural diversity of the Caribbean with the range of peoples, countries, cultures and landscapes through music, food, festivals, fashion, language and folklore.

ARIEL.jpg

The series follows Ariel and her fun-filled, action-packed mermaid adventures with her friends. Driven by a deep and unending curiosity about the world around her, Ariel discovers land treasures, like a big floppy hat, squeaky rubber ducky and whisk, that she collects and keeps safe in her crystal cavern. The treasures may also help Ariel solve problems. When she makes a discovery, Ariel is filled with joy, and her mermaid tail, “which changes colors depending on her emotions, lights up and shimmers.”

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

New animated TV series is in development at Disney Junior called “Disney Junior’s Ariel” for pre-schoolers.

Set in the fantastical Caribbean-inspired underwater kingdom of Atlantica, The show will try to highlight the multicultural diversity of the Caribbean with the range of peoples, countries, cultures and landscapes through music, food, festivals, fashion, language and folklore.

ARIEL.jpg

The series follows Ariel and her fun-filled, action-packed mermaid adventures with her friends. Driven by a deep and unending curiosity about the world around her, Ariel discovers land treasures, like a big floppy hat, squeaky rubber ducky and whisk, that she collects and keeps safe in her crystal cavern. The treasures may also help Ariel solve problems. When she makes a discovery, Ariel is filled with joy, and her mermaid tail, “which changes colors depending on her emotions, lights up and shimmers.”

Tremendous! This looks adorable, and hey, OG cartoon Flounder!

• Like 1

Disney Junior's Ariel

Voice cast:

Mykal-Michelle Harris as Ariel

Taye Diggs to voice King Triton
DJR_Ariel_KingTriton.png.webp

Amber Riley to voice the sea-witch, UrsulaDJR_Ariel_Ursula.png.webp
Elizabeth Phoenix Caro as Ariel's friend Lucia

Cruz Flateau as Ariel's friend Fernie

Gracen Newton as Ariel's friend Flounder 

• Like 1