Type keyword(s) to search

Exposing Parchman - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

A&E Network has teamed with Roc Nation, ITV America's Good Caper Content, and Red Summer TV for the investigative documentary "Exposing Parchman" which explores the ongoing efforts to reform the Mississippi correctional system, led by a team of attorneys on behalf of Parchman Prison's incarcerated population. Executive produced by Jeanmarie Condon (John Ridley's "Let it Fall: Los Angeles 1982-1992") and Directed by Rahman Ali Bugg, the three-hour "Exposing Parchman" documentary premieres on Saturday, June 17 at 8pm ET/PT on A&E.

Note: Futon Critic is listing this as 3 parts shown in one night, so that's why I'm putting it here

Full press release http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/05/10/aande-network-sets-june-17th-at-8pm-et-pt-for-the-premiere-of-investigative-documentary-event-exposing-parchman-produced-by-roc-nation-good-caper-content-and-red-summer-tv-431114/20230510aande01/

Trailer:

Edited by DanaK

I am interested in seeing this. I have visited the prison on a school related trip. It’s very remote in the Mississippi Delta area, which historically has its own issues. We toured one of the prison areas (the area deemed safer for guests) and spoke with a handful of inmates there. We also toured a separate building that was set up more boot camp style for juvenile offenders that also had classrooms for rehabilitation. Our final stop was lunch in the cafeteria where inmates served as cafeteria workers. We ate alongside staff and some prisoners. This was 20 years ago, so I can’t speak to any current conditions of the prison. At that time they also had a large farm on the premises to grow food for the facility. 

• Mind Blown 1