Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Abracadabra

• Start Topic

Jin and Wei-Chen search for a scholar who may know something about the Fourth Scroll.

Dropping May 24, 2023

I'm still not sure what I think about this show, and what it is trying to say or do.  While I do find it a mostly engaging diversion, it feels a little random.  It helps a lot that it is well-acted.

It is a tad frustrating to watch Jin constantly ditching Wei-Chen and Wei-Chen on the nebulous quest for the fourth scroll.  I thought their argument at the end was well done, though.

The conflict between the parents does follow from their subplots in the previous episodes.  It seems a little obvious that the fourth scroll is probably Jin since he is the "unification" of the two feuding families.

So Wei-Chen learned Jin's magic trick and switched the pendant and the flashlight toy at the end?  I thought Wei-Chen  had swallowed the pendant for a moment there.

The Mad Monk was kind of annoying, and not in a good way.

The "struggles" of Jin's crush seems a tad superficial.  

Not sure where it is going with the ending featuring the actor from the "What can go wong?" sitcom.  Again, kind of random and almost feels like stunt casting, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of him soon.

• Like 1