Type keyword(s) to search

Platonic - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I enjoyed this series. Didn't think I would and almost gave it a pass after the first episode, but I'm glad I stuck it out. Byrne has a great gift for physical comedy (Marie Antoinette, Get Him to the Greek) and Rogen wisely was her straight man in many of the scenes. I howled at her whispered "fury" while on K in the convenience store.

At one point her sweet hubby didn't deserve her. She was a jerk.

The hubby's law partner was hilarious.

I related to their excitement over finally having more than one bathroom in their home.

I have had two Platonic guy friends for decades - both married - and we have never had one ounce of physical attraction. I think it's purely chemical; either it's there or it isn't.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, WildFlower87 said:

Yup, from that article:

“We’re so thrilled to have the opportunity to tell more stories with Seth, Rose and everyone at Apple TV+ and Sony,” series co-creators Nick Stoller and Francesca Delbanco said in a statement. “Season 2 spoiler alert: Will and Sylvia won’t get together this time either.”

I don't know if they have a drunken hookup, that could lead to some comedic situations.

• Useful 1

So glad they stayed platonic without a hint of anything otherwise. Even though they fought, they seemed to truly be able to be themselves with each other which was really nice to see. Unfortunately, they also brought out the worst in each other frequently. It seemed realistic that Sylvia was not able to hack the rigors of starting at the beginning of lawyering after 13 years off (not to mention having three kids) but IANAL so I could be wrong.

I hope they can find a true balance for their friendship during the second season, instead of having long periods where they don't see each other much.

• Like 1

‘Platonic’ Adds ‘SNL’ Alums Aidy Bryant, Kyle Mooney & Beck Bennett For Season 2

In season two of Platonic, newly reconciled Will (Rogen) and Sylvia (Byrne) are again forced to contend with the complicated and unrelenting pressures of being a grownup person as they deal with shifting family dynamics, career pressures and the pursuit of their full potential – all while balancing what it means to be best friends in your 40s.

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

‘Platonic’ Adds ‘SNL’ Alums Aidy Bryant, Kyle Mooney & Beck Bennett For Season 2

In season two of Platonic, newly reconciled Will (Rogen) and Sylvia (Byrne) are again forced to contend with the complicated and unrelenting pressures of being a grownup person as they deal with shifting family dynamics, career pressures and the pursuit of their full potential – all while balancing what it means to be best friends in your 40s.

Wasn't that pretty much the description of season 1?

Or maybe one of them hadn't turn 40 yet.

Love the show though, glad it's coming back.