Type keyword(s) to search

S15.W01 (E01-04)

• Start Topic

Well, I'm glad I watched tonight but didn't start off with the pre-show tribute to Jock on The Project.  My DVR caught most of the Jimmy Barnes tribute where he sang 'Loch Lomond' for Jock - that was already heart-wrenching... 😭

Brief thoughts on the episode...

• I have mixed feelings on Brent being back because rightly or wrongly, he pulled a lot of focus from the actual new contestants.  Also, wasn't he a tradie when first on the show?  It says he's a "digital content creator" - maybe something to do with men's health projects?
  • I always want to like the "senior citizen" contestants since I'm over 50 myself, but I fear Kath is going to get really annoying really fast!
  • I like Rue and Ralph.
  • It's always easy to see why Jamie Oliver is so popular.  He was great value - positive, enthusiastic and he gave really great feedback.
  • I think we may have a new version of the magic nonna - the magic babushka!
  • Last but not least, I may be imagining it because of what we now know about Jock but he did seem to be a little thinner than I remembered :(
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

S15•E01 - Season Premiere

I watched the season premiere first then the tribute for Jock. I just want to enjoy watching the new contestants without feeling overwhelmed and sad.

So far, I like Ralph’s personality and Robbie’s grandpa energy. That crab dish looks so delish btw. Adi reminds me of Kishwar, so petite and smiles a lot.

Still warming-up to the other contestants but one thing for sure - am not a fan of Cath. I don’t know how to describe her, too chirpy maybe.

For incoming episodes, I just hope the show will tone down a bit on Russia/Ukraine war stories and also Brent’s mental health struggle. It’s good that he got the help he needed but this shouldn’t be his identity. Let his foods speak. Less usage of hibachi will be greatly appreciated, Brent! 😅

I laughed at all the cliché lines and word salad. Why you bombarded us with all these on the FIRST episode??! Chill OK!

🤣🤣🤣

“This season, we have taken the competition to the NEXT LEVEL. Learn to expect the unexpected because this year, it’s Masterchef Secrets and Surprises.”

“A very big surprise. In fact, we’ve loaded up the BIGGEST SURPRISE EVER in Masterchef history. He’s the BIGGEST CHEF in the world. He has single-handedly REVOLUTIONIZED foods for the ENTIRE planets. He has rewritten history and redefined home cooking.”

- Jamie Oliver

“Just because Jamie’s here, we’re giving away the BIGGEST ADVANTAGE EVER seen in Masterchef history. It’s a total game changer, NEVER SEEN before in this kitchen.”

- The Second Chance Apron

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • LOL 1

This is really the only show I post about here, but considering the tragic circumstances surrounding this season, my usual snark would be inappropriate. So I just want to say I hope everyone is doing well and I may or may not post after this, but I am glad to have this show back on.

I don't know if this counts as inappropriate snark, but Kath's accent makes me feel (unpleasant) things in me waters. I'm glad Brent got the chance to come back but I really don't want him to win, although no winner from this cast would be worse than Justin.

And I just need to finish this post by saying glossy and inherent. 

• Applause 1
23 hours ago, katisha said:

• Last but not least, I may be imagining it because of what we now know about Jock but he did seem to be a little thinner than I remembered :(

I thought the same thing :-(. This is really rough to watch.

• Sad 1
(edited)

Another good episode tonight and I do think Jamie Oliver has a lot to do with that.  I'm sure there are those who don't like him but I find him immensely charming, down to earth and just a good bloke.  Also glad we got to see a bit more of other contestants besides Brent.  I like Antonio and think his skills are pretty good too, although he's going to have to stop referencing wanting his grandmother to be proud of him (or the producers need to stop asking him to reference it).  Jessica has a nice vibe to her too. 

Grace is annoying me but not because she's done anything wrong - she reminds me so much of someone and do you think I can call to mind who that might be? Arggh! 

Edited by katisha
  • Like 1
(edited)

S15•E02 - Jamie Oliver Two Round Challenge

Jamie Oliver and his knife skills make me anxious. 🔪🖐🩸

Jamie uses a towel to wrap his pasta roll before putting it in boiling water. Is there any other heat resistant material that can be used instead, something more hygienic? 😬

Andrea struggling with the pasta machine is unexpected, he must have used it before. Maybe it’s just the panic and brain fog. But he needs to learn to keep it together if he wants to stay long in this competition.

It doesn’t take long for us to start hearing nonna stories - overused yearly trope. 😣

It’s pretty bold to call your husband “basic” on national tv, Rhiannon.

Mel rocking that Shih Tzu topknot!

Andy is back in his ugly pants! 😂    

On 5/8/2023 at 8:05 PM, katisha said:

Grace is annoying me but not because she's done anything wrong - she reminds me so much of someone and do you think I can call to mind who that might be? Arggh! 

Katisha, who? 👀

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
5 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:
22 hours ago, katisha said:

Katisha, who? 👀

My old brain works on time delay.  It hasn't quite made the connection yet - I'll let you know! 

• Wink 1

S15•E03 - Flavour Bomb Invention Test

Where's Andrea? Is he recuperating from yesterday's challenge??!

Other than Ralph and Ronnie, I like Malissa too.

Rhiannon can't stop talking about her hubby huh.

This year, we have a fish guy, a bread guy, the olive oil lady and the rest TBA.

Did anyone count how many times Cath said this...

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Did anyone count how many times Cath said this...

Too many! But I liked her a bit better after the immunity episode tonight.  She stuffed up but at least she owned up to it and didn't make any dumb excuses.

I still don't enjoy the "beat the professional chef" challenges - nothing's changed.  Fast-forwarded through the lot in the knowledge that it's highly likely any "wins" the contestants happen to have are about as real as a Married At First Sight "wedding ceremony".  Bring on the first elimination!

I know we all like to watch our beloved show. But I found it very difficult to see Jock the first episode, knowing he's not here anymore. Is there any news on what had happend?

Hei s my favourite judge on MS ever and I can't understand what's the secrecy is about the cause. I fear for the worst (yes, I tried it seriously 30 years ago) and it would be the worst to know it could have been prevented. Why would you not tell if it was a fatal desease? And yes, he does look more skinny.

It really got to me, hearing the news. Normally I go about: I don''t know these famous people, it's more important to care about people in your personal life.

I'm 3 episodes behind. So i'll have some catching up to do. Hopefully I get used to this new idea of having to know he is not living among us.

R.I.P. Jock

• Sad 1
(edited)

S15•E04 - Immunity Challenge wt Hugh Allen

Shannon Bennett's fridge is a mess, very unorganized.

If the Wow lady cannot keep it together in incoming challenges, she’ll be the first one out.

The Prince Charming is back!

“Just to make the raspberries even more raspberries.” 😘

I love raspberries, so I will definitely eat his dessert.

Hugh gives Malissa a rose just to mess with her head a ‘lil bit, sneaky!

Way too many pasta dishes in the first week. Is pasta the new parfait/ice cream? 🤨

Shannon’s stylist should be fired. There’s a classy way to pull a disheveled, casual look. This is a disaster.

9D0088DF-86CE-481E-89A0-752D7C349B92.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 5/11/2023 at 10:42 PM, MadMiniaturist said:

I really need Kath to go home. I don't know how much longer I can listen to that ghastly accent.

Yes, that bogan twang is hard to take.  WAAAAAAOOOOWWWW!