Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: You Can't Just Walk Out of a Drive-In

• Start Topic

First off dammit Jane really kissing buddy 

second I feel for Richie, I understand why he acted so kind of coldish later on to Jane after seeing her and Buddy talking and laughing 

Also the bomb song is catchy as hell, and I love the mention of Japanese interment camps by Nancy.

Edited by Rocknrollzombie
  • Like 3

I'm still rooting for Jane and Richie. Richie loves her and wouldn't have acted the way he did if he didn't have real feelings for her. I think Buddy and Jane are better as friends as opposed to a romantic couple. 

I thought the selection of "Nancy," a Frank Sinatra song, was an odd choice for a dedication, but it makes more sense when you find out her parents were the ones who did it. I wonder if Potato has a thing for Nancy, and since it appears she may be interested in boys, he may have a chance. I thought Nancy was a lesbian, and I turned out to be wrong.

Cynthia is my favorite character, and I want her to be happy, but I was also rooting for Shy-Guy, and it feels like the writers are sinking my ship. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

I'm still rooting for Jane and Richie. Richie loves her and wouldn't have acted the way he did if he didn't have real feelings for her. I think Buddy and Jane are better as friends as opposed to a romantic couple. 

I thought the selection of "Nancy," a Frank Sinatra song, was an odd choice for a dedication, but it makes more sense when you find out her parents were the ones who did it. I wonder if Potato has a thing for Nancy, and since it appears she may be interested in boys, he may have a chance. I thought Nancy was a lesbian, and I turned out to be wrong.

Cynthia is my favorite character, and I want her to be happy, but I was also rooting for Shy-Guy, and it feels like the writers are sinking my ship. 

Yes I like the idea of Nancy and potato, Olivia and Gil, and for shy guy I don’t know maybe dot if dot ever switch sides 

• Like 1

Shy Guy is not ending up with a square/soc, even if she does switch sides. 

I'm not sure about Olivia and Gil. It seemed like she was trying to make Mr. Daniels jealous as opposed to being interested in Gil.

The relationship between Olivia and Mr. Daniels is icky, problematic, and seriously messed-up. If it was nothing more than a kiss, he is still her teacher and any sort of romantic relationship is wrong. Age of consent issues might be an issue (I'm not sure what California law was at the time). They are also in completely different places in thier lives. She is still a teenager, and he is an adult. There's also the issue that he's taken. He is about to be married. 

Going to his house wasn't a harmless teenage prank. It was the act of a scorned and jealous ex. Mr. Daniels should have been fired for kissing her, or if that couldn't happen, at least reassigned to another school so they wouldn't have to interact. Olivia wants a guy/has feelings for a guy that is wrong for her in so many ways. I wonder when she will realize that.

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Like 1