Type keyword(s) to search

Daniel Grayson: The Grayson's Sexy Son

Kierstyn

Daniel Grayson

Do you think he is a doofus, or just hiding behind the façade of a doofus?  Do you think his poorly-concealed accent is as bad as our hosts think it is? Do you feel a little bad for him? Do you think he could survive a day in the real world without the Grayson name and money backing him up? Do you think that Sarah Bunting's "knife hug" comment (see her 11/19/13 post, I am the biggest doofus of all who can't figure out how to link to it directly) about Daniel perfectly encapsulates his character?

Edited by Kierstyn

I really liked Daniel in the first season right up until he did the interview and covered for Conrad.  Since then I've wished it had been him dead on the beach. Honestly, he seemed a decent sort at the start of the show.  But since he was released from jail after being believed responsible for Tyler's shooting, hes become increasingly evil while being  decreasingly convincing at it.

He's not even a fun villain because I feel like he's not really smart enough and too prone to crowing his wins before actually finishing a race.  He was all smug and rubbing his hands together like cartoon villain while Emily was being questioned about Pascal's death celebrating a victory that never came. 

I got into this due to Revengecast , a spinoff from the falling Fast Karate For the Gentlemen Podcast.  One half of that duo and his long term lover/wife Graziella love the show.

They love mocking Daniel

It seems people keep going "his character is inconsistent"

I'd say.. no.  His character is VERY consistent.  He is torn between a faux innoecent feel sorry dillentante who avoid actual guilt and responsibility to please the woman in his life OR a warped emulation of his father.  When we OPEN he's whining how innoecent and deep he is while sleeping in a mansion dodging a DUI with a full accident.  

Each reinvention has, oddly to me, fit more than any expanded plot twist or parental revelation.  

I'm only up to the opening of S4 though just caught the finale.  Ultimately his evolution into jerkass felt right, he had a choice to make but it was always his capacity to be hurtful he just retreated to nice.

As such the "reinventions" have always made sense to me and be likeable.