Type keyword(s) to search

Antiques Road Trip - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This uis my favorite UK! Got hooked on it when I was in the UK and recently found it on PBS, Prime, and YouTube.

This season just started in February and I'm enjoying it. That said, I find that some contestants get too big a discount whilst others do not, and the auctioneers often seem disinterested in driving up interest in an item. 

Is anyone else watching???

Is this different from the show I just watched on my local PBS station that included celebrities?  I saw Diana Rigg and another male actor.

It's very much like the old show Cash in the Attic.  Except with cars.  And driving around in circles.

• LOL 1
On 3/24/2023 at 8:11 AM, meep.meep said:

Is this different from the show I just watched on my local PBS station that included celebrities?  I saw Diana Rigg and another male actor.

It's very much like the old show Cash in the Attic.  Except with cars.  And driving around in circles.

I haven't seen the celeb version, but yes, they drive around to antique shops in a vintage car, trading witty quips, getting ridiculous discounts because it's on TV, and then going to local auctions to see whose antiques make the most profit.

• Like 1

Love this show!  I signed up for "PBS Living" through Prime just so I could watch old series (26 of them?).  I'm in the 2012 ones now, when the delightful David Barby was still on the show. (He died later that year, sadly.)  My other favorite is the darling James Braxton, happily still alive and in fine form.

• Like 1