Type keyword(s) to search

S44: Lauren Harpe

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Lauren Harpe

Hometown: Port Arthur, Texas

Current Residence: Mont Belvieu, Texas

Three Words to Describe You: Personable, resistant, adaptable

Why do you want to be part of Survivor? Survivor is not only the experience of a lifetime, but an opportunity for self-growth and discovery. My boys and I are also fans of the game so this will be an opportunity to show my kids that they can do anything.

What's one life experience you feel has prepared you for the game? Becoming a single parent has prepared me most for the game. That in itself has challenged me physically, mentally, emotionally, and basically in every single way possible.

Which previous player do you identify with the most? Who do you think you will play most like? I want to be a quiet strategist. I think my gameplay will most likely resemble that of Erika (Season 41). But I also love the way Natalie played in Blood Vs. Water and Winners at War. Her strength and ability to never give up is most admirable.

What will you value in an alliance partner? I value openness and honesty. I'm looking for someone who is not only loyal in their words but their actions. In order to gain my trust, they'll have to show me that they can be trusted in votes or by sharing valuable information.

Favorite Hobbies: When I'm not attending my kids sporting events or kicking their butts in Mario Kart, I enjoy reading and listening to podcasts and sermons online.

Pet Peeves: When people don't own up to their actions or mistakes.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Can it be growth? I am most proud of how much I have grown over the last several years. As an individual and in motherhood. I am very proud of the woman I am becoming.

What is something we would never know from looking at you?  I think at first glance, many wouldn't be able to tell that I am in my thirties and a mom of two.

Who in your life is your biggest inspiration and why? My parents are my biggest inspiration. My mother is the most selfless and giving person I know while my father is such a hard worker.

Why will you be the Sole Survivor? I believe that my personality, self-awareness, and adaptability will take me very far in this game. I'm also a go-getter and NO ONE wants this more than me. To me, this is not only a game… this is purpose. I've been preparing for this game for awhile, and I'm not leaving without a prize.

Lauren.jpeg

(edited)

Exit interview with Lauren:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-44-lauren-harpe-interview/

https://parade.com/tv/lauren-harpe-survivor-44-interview

-she voted for Yam because of his social game, which she felt was the best and also he had great jury management.  She also didn’t work with Heidi or have the connection with Carolyn like she did with Yam

-if she was in the final 3 she thinks she would have lost against Carson, but had a chance against anyone else.  She believes Frannie and Matt would have been hard to pull in as votes for her

-she considered the highest and lowest point of the game was getting letters from home.  She tried not thinking about her family because she knew it’d make her emotional

-before going out there she felt she wanted to prove to everyone she could be independent and didn’t need help or support as a single mom, but going on the show changed her perspective on that.  She found it was okay to get help and she has more friends now 

-she thought her and Carson were super close so she was really upset he voted her out (even when he arrived at Ponderosa she was still upset)

-like some others before her, she wishes the show focused on the relationships she had.  She does credit the Tika 3 for being great story tellers so understands why editing focused on them so much

-she felt she might have been able to get Yam to vote Carson out at 5 if he didn’t win immunity, but said him and Carolyn were close (she described Carson as being like a pageant mom at the FTC trying to help Carolyn)

-she was willing to stay Ratu strong until the end, and describes Brandon as her shield and closest ally

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1