Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Zoo

Snazzy Daisy
  • Start Topic

For some reason, each episode has been dropping on Thursday evening (as early as 6 pm PST) for me instead of Friday.

This was a really good episode.  But I thought that Dorothy was already aware that she met Leanne years ago at a pageant?  Or was it only us, the audience, that was aware of this fact?  I'm not sure what significance this discovery will play, but we have four episodes to find out.

I knew Beverly would turn out to be a cult member when Leanne didn't check her back a few episodes ago.  I'm almost surprised Leanne didn't suspect her and was so unguarded when she went down to the apartment.  

The animals always know.  Glad Leanne didn't hurt any of them.

ETA: I'm surprised at this point that any of the characters are feigning normalcy at this point.  Last week when Leanne was almost kidnapped, huge cracks grew in the house, a chandelier fell and almost crushed Sean, and a giant SINKHOLE opened up in the street.  I really expected this episode would start with Leanne cutting the B.S. and telling the Turners straight out that they are her prisoners, forever and ever and ever...

Edited by Brn2bwild
  • Like 2

Well played Bev! 👏🏻

With 4 episodes left, some pieces have started to come together. Bobbie enlighten Dorothy about Leanne’s deep infatuation with her. Dorothy realizes that she has met Leanne in 2011. Sean and Juju finally admit that they weren’t there for Dorothy when she needed them and they hid everything from her.

CoLS is so incompetent. They always send their C teams to handle Leanne despite knowing how powerful she can be. Those cans of tomato soup that we saw in last episode - great clue! The mom and the couple are hopeless goons who show-up unprepared. And Bev should have used a stronger sedative to really knock Leanne out. 

Bev only manages to complete the 1st step of the CoLS ritual - The Invocation (play a music that reminds you of a moment  that’s important to you but you have to hurt yourself to separate yourself from that feeling). It’s too bad she’s unable to proceed to the 2nd step - The Consecration (blinding the lost soul with knife or oil). This is the same step that the hotdog cart’s guy and the jogger lady were trying to do in S04•E01 - splashing oil to blind Leanne.

Is Bev having spontaneous angioedema - allergic reaction to snakebite?

“I just don’t understand why you deserve all this extravagance. I don’t understand why you get to be reunited with HIM! You have become a symbol of vice and darkness.”

- Bev

Who is HIM? The person that Roscoe described when he’s taken by the cult?

Is Kourtney with a K from the Kult too? She found B&B for Dorothy. Total Koincidence??!

Look at how entitled Leanne has become. She needs to change and she goes straight to Dorothy’s closet and makeup. And she has the nerve to choose the dress that Dorothy wore to Jericho’s baptism. 

When Bobbie talks to Dorothy about Leanne’s infatuation, she chooses her words carefully as if she is well aware of the whole situation. She has basically confirmed Leanne’s obsession that we all see since S1. Did Bev tell her anything? That Jericho’s baby album is definitely intentional.

“Leanne’s infatuation with you is deep.  I think she’s deluded herself into believing that you two are divinely linked. In a sense, it’s her new religion. I know you feel trapped, but Dorothy, broken people will fight for their faith with everything they have. Obsessions like this are fundamental and oftentimes born in early childhood. Truthfully, I think she’d rather die than let you go.”

- Bobbie

“After the fire, it was easier to let everyone believe that we lost Leanne too. So, my wife and I brought her to Pennsylvania and raised her as God instructed us. Your wife wouldn’t remember meeting her. It was so long ago. But Leanne never stopped talking about that day. Thought Dorothy was so pretty. So kind. And there she was, on the television telling Leanne stories. Tucking her in after prayer. Leanne likes to please the people she loves… and hurt the people she doesn’t.”

Uncle George | from S01•E10

Juju finally sees firsthand on how dangerous Leanne can be. Sean and Dorothy really need him on their side as they cannot rely on the CoLS. Will they be taking advantage of the neighbourhood evacuation to get rid of Leanne?

14 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

But I thought that Dorothy was already aware that she met Leanne years ago at a pageant?  Or was it only us, the audience, that was aware of this fact? 

In S02•E08 (Loveshack), it was Leanne who watched the beauty pageant news, when she was trapped in the attic. Not Dorothy.

Back in S01•E10 (Balloon), we saw Dorothy watched some news re a standoff between ATF agents and a cult leader, May Markham. She met Aunt May on Jericho’s baptism day and thought that she looks familiar.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 1

I wonder if we've seen the last of Bobbie? She seems like she is much more than we think.  It's quite a leap to go from "Leanne is just a troubled teen" to "Leanne has this deeply disturbing obsession with you and will die before she lets you go."

Bobbie seems like the type of character who makes an unexpected appearance in the pentultimate episode.

• Like 1