Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Gone Fishing

I would have appreciated a line from the café owner to the effect of "YOU are no member of the royal family because such a person would never spit in the face of her countrymen by dressing with such disrespect."

Except this is just SO wrong, I'm blaming FOX for stipulating no show gets the greenlight unless nubile teens appear bra-less in short shorts. 

On the flipside, I liked Ensley's observation that Bassam either really wanted the power or is an idealist.  "And either one is a problem."  That's the question the show's been dangling in front of us all season and I think Bassam's motives were shown to be suitably complicated, so I'm satisfied in that respect.

Tons of story left for Season Two.  Family-wise, they laid some nice groundwork for gay son's story.  And Nusrat has some basis for a pretty serious grudge--maybe she'll shake off her trauma depression and go assassin!

Watching the fishing boat scenes, it seemed to me Jamal was practically pleading with Bassam to abort.  I can't wait to see what kind of compromise position Jamal comes up with to satisfy everyone who wants Bassam executed.  (Although they took Rapist Jamal way too far to ret-con him into a sympathetic figure, for me.)