Type keyword(s) to search

Spotting The Tells: Speculation And Spoilers

• Start Topic

Thinking about both Charlie's sister, Emily, and Beatrix Hasp using the word "ruinous" in the S1 finale - it makes me wonder if there is some kind of connection between them. The show abounds with little clues that we maybe miss the first time around as being significant. Would the writers really make such a mistake as this word use? Possibly. Total, total speculation here, but what if Em had some kind of desperate financial need and got mixed up with Beatrix Hasp? Through that connection, one maybe picked up the word from the other. I'd guess Em from Beatrix, as Em was searching for a word to use and then blurted "ruinous." I don't think Charlie explained what her trouble was, so Em wouldn't have any concept of what she said signaling anything. And maybe whatever trouble Em is in, she also blames Charlie for since Charlie didn't stick around to help.

Or, it's lazy writing and I think way too much!

• Useful 1