Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Magic Hour, part 1

Tabbyclaw

I like the drunken kissing, too, because I feel like it was a thing that needed to happen. Audrey is confused, adrift, and in the "making hasty decisions because there might not be a tomorrow" stage of her identity crisis, and she's alone in a strange city with a stupidly hot guy (even with the unfortunate hair) who cares about her and seems like he'd be cool with a no-strings-attached hookup. It's a course of action that would definitely have crossed her mind, and in her current state it makes more sense characterwise for her to act on it than not. I do think backing off was the right decision, though, and I loved the way she expressed her reasoning.

In the "little things that 75% of the viewing audience will never notice, but those of us who do will appreciate it" category, June Cogan is actually knitting when they go to see her the first time. She's holding the needles in a way that's not very common in the States, but it's still a real grip and she's making the stitches correctly.

Back "home" in Haven, my most notable comment about the first half is that it's nice to see Claudia Black on SyFy again, and playing against what they've established as her type.

In the "little things that 75% of the viewing audience will never notice, but those of us who do will appreciate it" category, June Cogan is actually knitting when they go to see her the first time. She's holding the needles in a way that's not very common in the States, but it's still a real grip and she's making the stitches correctly.

Wow, I may have to go back and watch it, though maybe I missed that detail because I was knitting at the time and listening more than watching it. Still, I've been known to analyze the stitching in sweaters in animated movies (Pixar manages to get real stitches in even their animated sweaters), so I can't believe I didn't analyze someone's knitting technique.

The bulk of the episode is so-so, but that's one of the best cliffhangers ever -- Nathan's dead, the person who can save him is on the run, and Audrey and Duke don't know that Tommy is the killer, so they don't know not to trust him, and we know he's going to do everything he can to make sure Nathan stays dead since Nathan's the one who knows he's the killer. Of course we know they're going to have to save Nathan, but the how is looking pretty difficult. And then there's the emotional element because Audrey has only just realized that she's wasted all that time pushing Nathan away because she was totally wrong about the Colorado Kid, so she seems to be coming back with the anticipation of seeing him again and working things out, only to find him dead.