Type keyword(s) to search

S43 Karla Cruz Godoy

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I got all cast info from Parade.com

image.png.be019dc82719f2879a2072b944eea83b.png Age: 28

Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
Current Residence: Newark, Del.

Karla Cruz Godoy has always lived with the motto "if you don't like something, change it." The 28-year-old grew up in a low-income household, building resiliency that got her a prestigious scholarship and an impressive education to boot. She comes to the show wanting to provide more representation, hoping her social and eavesdropping skills will lead to her thriving once more.

Favorite Hobbies: Traveling, brunching, karaoke

3 Words to Describe You: Ambitious, gregarious, adaptable

Pet Peeve(s): Tardiness, pessimism, slow drivers

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My parents are Mexican immigrants who became teenage parents at the age of 16, which led me to grow up in a low-income community where college was only a dream. Fortunately, school became a safe space for me, where I felt loved, cared for and seen. I recognized that through school, I could follow my passions and most importantly, get out of the hood. I’m proud to say I’m the first in my family to graduate from high school, and the first to graduate from college, and I did it all with a full-ride scholarship from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Millennium Scholars program. This queer Chicana did that!

What is something we would never know from looking at you? I’m incredibly competitive and an overachiever in every aspect of my life.

Who is your hero and why? My grandfather, Elizafat Godoy. He immigrated to the U.S. from Chilpancingo, Guerrero, Mexico to provide a better life for his family, and he instilled strong educational values in me. He loves his family and my grandmother unconditionally. He’s the most important male figure in my life.

Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? Cirie Fields because she was an incredibly well-rounded, social, and analytical player. She was loved by all, she knew when to stir the pot, and she knew how to keep a strong social game that could take her to the end. I’m physically strong, so I’ll use that as an added advantage.

Why do you believe you can be the Sole Survivor? I’m adaptable, resilient, gregarious, and my ancestors have my back. I’m confident in my social game, that I’ll build relationships across differences and get along with just about anyone. With my wife and family in my heart and thoughts, I know I will make it to the end.