Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: REWATCH: The Drought

Carrie's relationship with Mr. Big is moving into a more mundane, less physical stage, and she's worried whether it's due to her inadvertant flatulent indiscretion. Charlotte is dating a former lover of Carrie's, and finds that he's not interested in sex anymore. Samantha discovers that not having sex can be erotic. Miranda hasn't had sex for months.

I still refuse to believe that any man, anywhere, would turn down sex (unless it was for a medical reason).  Certainly I've never met one that wouldn't have sex anywhere or anytime he could get it.  And no, one small fart would not stop any man I've ever known either.  But it was pretty rude of Carrie to act as she did while Big was trying to watch 1 minute of a fight.  She couldn't wait 1 minute?

Which makes it hard to believe Miranda hadn't had sex in three months, if that's all she really wanted (as opposed to the relationship that sometimes goes along with it).  But that outfit she wore to the rental place won't work for either.

A bit surprised that Charlotte was so willing to dump the no-sex guy, but I suppose that absolutely no sex at all is just as bad as too much sex.

The fart situation was funny and relatable. I can certainly understand why Carrie thought Big may be turned off - the timing of their sex draught was suspect. I like that Big made a joke out of it, but Carrie just should've addressed it head-on. I've had relationships that were too new and suffered the pain. Thankfully, the two serious long-term relationships I have had (including my now husband) were with men who had no issue with letting things out!

• Love 1