Type keyword(s) to search

Drag Race France: Une Seule Sera La Reine!

• Start Topic

On 8/11/2023 at 8:30 PM, Starchild said:

OT, anyone know when/if they'll be showing Down Under S3 on Crave? It's kicked off but it hasn't shown up on that channel yet. I had thought we'd be watching the two international franchises at the same time.

I'm pretty sure that it will not be appearing on Crave. I had to subscribe to WoW presents for it...although I forgot, until you mentioned it, that it was even airing right now. Oops! France for me is the best of the international versions of Drag Race, and yes -- I'm including DRUK in that assessment.

I'm thrilled to see Piche back in the competition, and Cookie really did take it like a champ. This is a great cast. And -- FINALLY -- we had a good lipsync (and a good lipsync song).

• Like 1

Well that was delightful. It's got to be in the top 5 of Drag Race makeover episodes.

Sorry to see Piche go, but although it was a close lipsync (of a song that doesn't seem very easy to lipsync to), from what we saw I think Punani just edged her out. Same with the makeover, I think Punani and her rugby player were just a shade more alike.

Piche's coming-out (and subsequently being thrown out) story was quite sad though.

Man, living in North America where male athletes tend to shun any behaviour that even hints at men having a feminine side, these rugby players were just so refreshing.

• Like 1
(edited)

Piche shouldn't have been in the bottom; I would've kicked Mami Watta and her tacky Hallowe'en costumes down there to lipsynch with Punani. That being said, I've been enjoying her presence more and more as the season's progressed, and am happy to see her in the finale.

I guess Sara Forever's going to win the season, and I'm okay with that, but would still prefer to see Keiona win. And Moon and Piche in another episode, but I guess we'll have to wait for All Stars France for that.

This series is really the only thing going in the entire franchise that still feels fresh and special. I've especially enjoyed the mini-challenges this season, as they've all been a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed both this week's "Weakest Link" parody and last week's "psychological assessment", and cackled when one of the queens asked Nicky to draw her "like one of her French girls". And at the stick figure result in the end. Both of those skits got more laughs from me than any of the scripted "comedy" challenges that have been presented on the Mother Ship in the last five years or so.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

That Weakest Link mini challenge was loads of fuN!!!

And what a cool and cute bunch of makeover dudes!

I really like everyone in the Top 5 but it's between Sara vs Keiona for the win. 

Love Piche but Punani powered through that lipsync. (really crush on boy-Punani for some reason) 

• Like 1

Wow that final lipsync was epic! That thing with the ink that Sara had going on was super original.

Sara was my favourite going in, but I have to concede that tonight belonged to Keiona. 

Overall the show was a bit draggy though. They could have cut out one (two?) of the many group numbers.

I was pleasantly surprised that Moon came back for the finale (wow that standing ovation), and even moreso that she won Miss Congeniality, even though she had kinda quit the show. I don't think RuPaul would have allowed such a thing on a franchise she hosted.

All in all, a pretty satisfying result.

• Love 1

Individual numbers that were...fun to watch?! A finale that was...highly entertaining?! A winner that was...completely and thoroughly well-deserved?!

I've said it before: France is the best international franchise of the show, and has shown us the best of the franchise -- All Stars apart -- over the past two years. More France! More!

I want Piche back on my screen immediately. That goes for Moon, too, although mental health must take priority. 

And I couldn't take my eyes off of Vespi's finale look. That was stunning. That was also true of Rose's amazing entrance look.

• Like 1

I like this group of girls. My favourite so far is Parseo (sp?).

Nicky: I've got changes.

Also Nicky: <description of what's coming that sounds exactly like previous seasons>

Sad reaction, but I don't mind not seeing that ridiculous face paint anymore.

I wonder if there's a video online somewhere of Norma's volcano dress mechanism working because that looked like it could have been awesome.

Those senior queers were all so lovely. That attack Sylvain described sounded horrific. And Leona did a marvelous job bringing out the inner beauty of her trans senior.

I hate losing Perseo, she was my favourite, but Misty did win that lip sync.

Of the girls that are left, I think Le Filip is my choice, followed by Leona.

Everyone had a mix of quality in the 3 challenges and it was anyone's guess who would make it through, but that was the elimination I expected.

Happy to see Le Filip in the final.

(edited)

Unsurprisingly, I am happy with this result. :)

And the choice of Miss Congeniality was absolutely correct.

Edited by Starchild

I did NOT expect Drag Race France to make international news in this fashion. Nicky! Piche! "The Last Supper"! How many queens can say that they've appeared in drag at the opening ceremony of the Olympics and sparked widespread "outrage"? Awesome!

• Love 2