Type keyword(s) to search

Bullsh*t - General Discussion

j4lambert
  • Start Topic

Bullsh*t is a new game show from Netflix that premiered on April 27, 2022. The show is hosted by Howie Mandel, who was formerly the host of Deal or No Deal. The show is an innovative format where one contestant competes alongside three "spoiler" contestants.

The main contestant has to answer 10 questions to win up to $1,000,000. The three "spoiler" contestants must determine whether the main contestant answered the question truthfully or bluffed (hence the censored word in the title). In order for the main contestant to advance up the money ladder after answering a question incorrectly, one of the three "spoiler" contestants must judge the main contestant to have answered the question truthfully or else it's game over. Contestants can walk away after every correct answer.

https://www.buzzerblog.com/2022/04/13/watch-the-first-trailer-for-netflixs-bullsht/ https://j4lambert.medium.com/bullsh-t-the-game-show-a-netflix-review-d7d1cb92d7be

Binged the whole thing. I really liked it. Just a few "hot seat" players that were annoying or just over the top, the last guy especially. 

The first player made me feel very anxious. Something off about him, but then we get a string of good players.

The trivia is a mix. I found quite a few of the questions quite easy. I think in one round I would have made it to $250k just by answering correctly. 

The linear rotation of players was an interesting way of going. It did create a good way for banter between everyone. They get to spend more time with each other.

Because of the format I felt bad for the final 3 spoiler players. They had no chance of being in the hot seat so they had no incentive to play accurately. I hope they get a consolation prize or will be first on season 2.

Spoiler for one of the players:

Spoiler

I was glad that the one woman went for the million. There are so many of these million dollar shows with no one getting close to that. The older guy getting $750k as well was fun.

The spoiler players really do have a lot of power and depending on their morals they could burn someone out of spite or fun by calling BS. For instance in the million dollar question I might have just said I believed her so she could win no matter what. I guess it would come down to how accurate I had been. Pretty easy to keep a running tally in your head.

Best thing about this show, no sob stories or long contestant video reels. Just straight up gameplay. Howie does a great job too keeping things moving.

• Love 4

I've only seen the first one so far.  I've never wanted to be on TV, but I would kill it in the hot seat on this show.  The questions I saw weren't exactly Jeopardy! level.  Get it right and you are safe.  Get it wrong and sound confident enough to fool the apparently lightly educated panel and you still advance. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Totale said:

I've only seen the first one so far.  I've never wanted to be on TV, but I would kill it in the hot seat on this show.  

That was my reaction too. Even questions I didn't know there was always an answer that seemed reasonable and probably easy to BS as the correct answer. 

I found it funny how you could tell when they guessed the right answer but still gave a bullshit reason how they knew it.

• Love 1
(edited)

The thing that bugged me about the show, (even though I generally liked it,) was that no one on the panel seemed to be permitted to say they knew the answer and that’s why they voted bs or not.

I mean, if one knows the answer to a question and the contestant gets it wrong, it doesn’t matter how good of a bullshitter they are—I’m voting bs. So it can help a player by how much trivia he/ she knows— even though one can win a lot of money by bs-ing.

Also, the last panel players should have some incentive to be accurate— such as a cash prize of $500 or $1000, for the most accurate.

Edited by Adiba
Clarity
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Adiba said:

thing that bugged me about the show, (even though I generally liked it,) was that no one on the panel seemed to be permitted to say they knew the answer and that’s why they voted bs or not.

I was wondering that too. I only remember one instance where it seemed that they knew for sure it was BS because they knew the real answer.

• Love 1