Type keyword(s) to search

The Quest - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/3/2022 at 12:17 PM, Starry-Eyed said:

There was a show by the same name and concept that was on Netflix a few years back.

That was probably the original series that first aired on ABC.  I really enjoyed it, and it got a decent bit of talk on TWoP when it aired.

Sounds like this one takes place in the same world as the first season (but not the same shooting locations, due to COVID).  Which makes sense.  As I recall, there was a scene at the end of the final episode that was a good set up for a second season.

Casting teenagers is an interesting choice

Per the Wikipedia link above, it turned out that the first season drew a sizable teen audience, so TPTB decided to lean into that and cast for the audience.

• Useful 1

There was a show by the same name and concept that was on Netflix a few years back. I really enjoyed it, and I'm glad to see it coming back. Casting teenagers is an interesting choice

On 4/11/2022 at 3:36 AM, SVNBob said:

That was probably the original series that first aired on ABC.  I really enjoyed it, and it got a decent bit of talk on TWoP when it aired.

Sounds like this one takes place in the same world as the first season (but not the same shooting locations, due to COVID).  Which makes sense.  As I recall, there was a scene at the end of the final episode that was a good set up for a second season.

Per the Wikipedia link above, it turned out that the first season drew a sizable teen audience, so TPTB decided to lean into that and cast for the audience.

The medieval fantasy Dungeons and Dragons geek in me really enjoyed the original series.  However, I vaguely remember thinking there were three finalists, and one of the guys in particular got robbed.  The winner was a woman who had almost gotten eliminated before, and she had no business being the winner.

Will be interested to see how this works with teens.  The girl in the center of the photo of the trailer above has a Sansa Stark look.

• Love 1

Watched the first episode and all the stuff with the teens is super wholesome and cute, and makes me wish this a vacation experience I could book. The  story stuff without them seems rather overwritten and melodramatic, but hopefully that will lessen now that we know the premise. I find the royal family pretty obnoxious right now (minus the king from the beginning)

• Love 2