Type keyword(s) to search

Hotel Transylvania: Transformania (2022)

Kel Varnsen
  • Start Topic

I watched this with my kids earlier in the week. I'm probably a bit biased because I like the HT movies, but even so I thought it was really good. Especially for the 4th movie in an animated series. And it still has some of the best animation of any kids animated movie series (outside of Pixar).

The only real negative is the guy playing Drac didn't really sound much like Sandler's version. But I like that they explored how he thinks of Johnny and his personality (not just that he is not a monster). And as I have said many times Johnny and Mavis have the best, human/vampire relationship in all of fiction. It is the healthiest, the least creepy and the one that makes the most sense.

This was actually pretty good. I was worried at first because the Drac/Johnny relationship and the Johnny character just seemed really off. However, it settled down once the transformation happened and ended up being a really fun, family movie. 

I had to laugh there's so many nameless wolf babies I didn't realize the little girl the the adventure was different from Dennis' BFF.

Edited by Morrigan2575
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This was actually pretty good. I was worried at first because the Drac/Johnny relationship and the Johnny character just seemed really off. However, it settled down once the transformation happened and ended up being a really fun, family movie. 

They could have rehashed a lot of the first and second movie stuff with Drac not wanting to give the hotel to Johnny because he is a human. But I like that Drac totally accepts that and his concerns were more about the fact that even fora human Johnny is kind of weird.

My minor disappointment was there was no "I don't say blah blah blah" gag. That is like my kids favourite joke from those movies.

10 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

They could have rehashed a lot of the first and second movie stuff with Drac not wanting to give the hotel to Johnny because he is a human.

Considering human vs monster was the focus of 1 and 2 I'm glad they didn't go there for 4. I still feel that the Johnny/Drac relationship at the start of 4 was very off, compared to 2 and 3. However, in the end the movie did the friendship/relationship justice. I am surprised they never tackled the turning Johnny or Erica into a Vampire subject.

• Love 1