Type keyword(s) to search

RW: Brooklyn (2009)

seltzer3
  • Start Topic

So just finished this season.  I actually like this season (considering it was one of the later seasons) and it reminded me a lot of the past seasons magic.

The couple of downers of the season was the crazy gender divide.  I thought B2NY was bad, but yikes at that one.  Its really weird watching in the beginning that there were so many co-ed friendships and relationships  Devyn/Scott, Sarah/JD, Baya/Ryan, Katelyn,/JD and then virtually all of them crashed and burned.

Adding to that was the prank wars.  It got really out of hand.  Like that was probably one of the worst final episodes?  Just everyone essentially hating each other.  It was kind of annoying how everyone hated how others were instigating...but then wouldn't have problems instigating things even more.  I'm also kind of surprised that the producers intervene in the very last prank.  Like I know that its just a prank, but pouring liquid soap in a milk carton (isn't that dangerous if liquid soap is consumed?  Same with the soap on the chicken?  I'm surprised MTV didn't step in, because I feel like the last thing they would want is rushing someone into the ER for poisoning.

I think of all the roomates, JD is kind of my least favorite.  He does mean well, but the guy is so messy.  Its hilariously ridiculous how he would just instigate (like outing Katelyn, or awkwardly putting Devyn on the spot).  Katelyn is pretty bad as well.   I think the issue is that the cast in general seem to have perceived notions of each other, and when conflict occurs it just continuously escalates.  Which is kind of a shame, because I do think the group is pretty interesting and complex.

The one question I have is regarding the situation of Sarah's dad able to contact her.  I'm really surprised MTV didn't intervene (if Sarah's dad had a past of abusing her), in blocking if Sarah's dad was able to reach her multiple times.  I'm guessing Sarah wasn't able to get a restraining order, or if it was too complicated?  Was kind of concerned regarding that, and thankfully that it didn't get to the point where her dad could have stalked her etc.

2 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

So just finished this season.  I actually like this season (considering it was one of the later seasons) and it reminded me a lot of the past seasons magic.

The couple of downers of the season was the crazy gender divide.  I thought B2NY was bad, but yikes at that one.  Its really weird watching in the beginning that there were so many co-ed friendships and relationships  Devyn/Scott, Sarah/JD, Baya/Ryan, Katelyn,/JD and then virtually all of them crashed and burned.

Adding to that was the prank wars.  It got really out of hand.  Like that was probably one of the worst final episodes?  Just everyone essentially hating each other.  It was kind of annoying how everyone hated how others were instigating...but then wouldn't have problems instigating things even more.  I'm also kind of surprised that the producers intervene in the very last prank.  Like I know that its just a prank, but pouring liquid soap in a milk carton (isn't that dangerous if liquid soap is consumed?  Same with the soap on the chicken?  I'm surprised MTV didn't step in, because I feel like the last thing they would want is rushing someone into the ER for poisoning.

I think of all the roomates, JD is kind of my least favorite.  He does mean well, but the guy is so messy.  Its hilariously ridiculous how he would just instigate (like outing Katelyn, or awkwardly putting Devyn on the spot).  Katelyn is pretty bad as well.   I think the issue is that the cast in general seem to have perceived notions of each other, and when conflict occurs it just continuously escalates.  Which is kind of a shame, because I do think the group is pretty interesting and complex.

The one question I have is regarding the situation of Sarah's dad able to contact her.  I'm really surprised MTV didn't intervene (if Sarah's dad had a past of abusing her), in blocking if Sarah's dad was able to reach her multiple times.  I'm guessing Sarah wasn't able to get a restraining order, or if it was too complicated?  Was kind of concerned regarding that, and thankfully that it didn't get to the point where her dad could have stalked her etc.

I remember reading when the season aired that a family member gave him Sarah's contact info.