Type keyword(s) to search

[QUESTION, ANSWERED]: About info displayed for users

SoMuchTV

When you hover over a username, a popup comes up with some info about when they joined, how many posts, maybe number of likes... but for some users, it also shows when they were last active.  And I just saw one that also showed what they were currently viewing (?!)  I don't remember which user, but even if I did, it might seem a little inappropriate to post their name here. 

So my question is, is there some setting in our profile that controls what others see about us?  I can't find anything in my profile settings.  Is there something I should be aware of to check/uncheck depending on how much I want others to see about my activity?  Personally I don't have a problem with showing when I was last active (and sometimes that would be helpful to see for others, for instance to see if someone's still posting & may want to respond to a comment, vs. hasn't been on the board for the last few years), but I don't think I'd want to go so far as for people to see what I'm currently doing.  Any insights?