• Start Topic

CBS bio

image.jpeg.f151f209cada20f07ba600f35419038e.jpeg

Name: Danny McCray
Hometown: Houston, TX Current
Residence: Frisco, TX

Hobbies: Competing, traveling, cooking

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, charismatic, optimistic

Pet Peeve: Lying, not being on time and lack of accountability. Lack of awareness and
consideration for people's time and space or having to repeat myself after three times.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Completing my graduate degree
program! It was my goal to earn an MBA before I made it to the NFL, but that changed due to
the money I was making and the workload that football requires. After retirement I had to
overcome my own mind and doubts that I couldn't do it. It was the hardest thing I've ever done
in life – late nights of studying and having tutors almost giving up repeatedly. But I never did, I
have my MBA!

What is something we would never know from looking at you? You would never know that I
often achieve success because of fear, my fear of letting the people that I love down. Letting
down people that took a chance on me is the vision that I use to thrive in competitive situations.
Very similar to Adam Sandler in the movie "The Water Boy."

Who is your hero and why? My mom. When my father passed, she was left to take care of
three kids alone. She worked two jobs plus side work to provide for us. There is nothing she
wouldn't do for us. I take strength to be strong when a tragedy hits from her, she never
complained or let us see her cry. She did that for us. I owe her everything that I can give.

Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? Ben "Boom" Driebergen, 1 Big
Move King. I figure that I would be seen as a strong physical player so I would eventually
become a big target. The way Ben was able to outwork everyone on the tribe and do what he
needed to do in order to survive was truly admirable. It's that 'back against the wall' mentality I
admire.

Why do you believe you can win Survivor? I'm applying to win. I always have something to prove to
myself. I truly believe that I can succeed at whatever I put my mind to. I haven't failed
yet and don't plan on starting now.

On 9/19/2021 at 10:14 AM, Whimsy said:

.Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? 

Ben "Boom" Driebergen, 1 Big Move King. I figure that I would be seen as a strong physical player so I would eventually become a big target...

That's interesting to me because I don't think he's actually playing the game like Ben did. Of course, Ben's original tribe lost people before the merge and there were tribe swaps before the merge that season, whereas Danny has played the entire game from a position of power (and numbers).

One thing that I've become increasingly aware of over the past few weeks: Everyone appears to like Danny. Most people seem to have ruffled some feathers  by now, but I can't recall anyone really saying something negative about him. Teflon Danny seems more than happy to let DeShawn be the one in the spotlight. He's at least edited to be really calm and low-key. 

I do think he's seen as a physical threat, but he's been coming in middle of the pack a lot. He may be trying to mitigate others' perception of his threat level. It will be interesting to me to see if he does turn into a big target as the game progresses.