Type keyword(s) to search

A question for fans of Anne With An E

12 hours ago, Aryanna said:

For those of you that were big fans of the show (or even medium fans) had you read any of the Anne books? If so, did you like the books or not so much? Just curious. 

I've read all the books. In fact, I've read everything written by LMM I could get my hands on.  I loved the books so much! It's been several years since I read them now, though. I'm looking forward to reading them again with my granddaughter.

For me, the show was too modern and revisionist. I prefer the old movies.  I also loved the "Road to Avonlea" tv series. It was based on The Story Girl books, but it was really great. Very period appropriate and true to the books.

• Love 1

I've read all of the Anne books but haven't read much of LMM's other works. I've read some of the Story Girl stuff. I love the Anne books. And I've watched Road to Avonlea and really like that too. And, like you, I feel Anne with an E was too modern. I've never read the Alienist but I did watch the first season and felt it was written from too modern of a viewpoint to take place in the late 1800s. And when I watch something like that, it just takes me right out of the narrative. It rings hollow to me.

Anyway, the reason I'm asking the question is that I'm wondering if my love for the books has colored my view of Anne with an E. I wonder, if had I not read the books, I would enjoy the show more. So that's why I'm asking if those who really enjoyed the show are fans of the books or have read the books.

• Love 1