Type keyword(s) to search

Relentless - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Relentless follows the disappearance of 21-year-old Christina Whittaker from the small town of Hannibal, MO. Eight months after Whittaker vanished, leaving behind a six-month-old daughter, filmmaker Christina Fontana met Whittaker's mother while filming another documentary about the families of missing persons.

I didn't see a thread for this so I thought it might be worth starting one.

I saw episode 1 (the only one available at that time) about a month ago.  Now all 6 episodes are up for viewing.

Lots of  twists and turns and crazy upon crazy.  I've seen better such programs but I've also seen worse.  

Spoiler

SPOILER:  This woman is not found during the course of the documentary.  She is still missing, presumed probably dead.  If you like a neat and tidy ending, this will leave you disappointed.  

• Love 1
On 8/17/2021 at 9:07 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I didn't see a thread for this so I thought it might be worth starting one.

I saw episode 1 (the only one available at that time) about a month ago.  Now all 6 episodes are up for viewing.

Lots of  twists and turns and crazy upon crazy.  I've seen better such programs but I've also seen worse.  

Reveal spoiler

SPOILER:  This woman is not found during the course of the documentary.  She is still missing, presumed probably dead.  If you like a neat and tidy ending, this will leave you disappointed.  

I thought it was good. I don't think she's alive. Her family is a hot mess

16 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

I thought it was good. I don't think she's alive. Her family is a hot mess

That home video footage the journalist shared was...enlightening, to put it mildly.  

I don't think she's alive, either.  I was perplexed by the number of people who either claimed to know who killed her, claimed they did kill her,  claimed to know the people who accidentally hit her with their car and then ditched her body, claimed to know she was alive and living in Peoria, claimed she had bounced because of her mother, and on and on.  It was mind boggling.  

There was a whole lotta crazy going on in this case.  Unless at some point her remains are stumbled upon, I think this unfortunately is just going to stay a cold case.