Type keyword(s) to search

Counterpart - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I've just started watching this series and I've seen the first five episodes of Season 1.

I'm somewhat confused by a few things and appreciate while reading the vaulted forum that I'm not alone. Despite being confused, I still want to watch because the acting is really good from everyone. 

I will say that it is so disconcerting to see how one side was affected by a flu pandemic and people are wearing masks and being ordered to report if they get sick - it's a crime not to!

With Covid still going strong after 18 months, and the Delta variant wreaking havoc, it's kind of creepy how they incorporated this plot line into the story not having a clue what would be coming IRL just two years later.

• Love 1

Just finished watching the entire series. I enjoyed reading all the vaulted posts about this show.

They did a pretty good job wrapping up the show after being canceled. 

Assuming that all of them were injected with the same thing as Yanek - that is no ordinary flu. That is some serious shit, that will take out a lot of people.

Still very eerie watching this show in the midst of a flu pandemic. 

Well done, I enjoyed the cast and the writing.

Off to find something new to watch... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2021 at 5:46 AM, aemom said:

Just finished watching the entire series. I enjoyed reading all the vaulted posts about this show.

They did a pretty good job wrapping up the show after being canceled. 

Assuming that all of them were injected with the same thing as Yanek - that is no ordinary flu. That is some serious shit, that will take out a lot of people.

Still very eerie watching this show in the midst of a flu pandemic. 

Well done, I enjoyed the cast and the writing.

Off to find something new to watch... 🙂

I just finished it- it was good, wasn't it!  I'll re-watch the first episode, now that I know what's going on.  

Edited by momo
  • Love 2
(edited)

I realize this is an older show, but I am really curious as to why Mira became such a supervillain to the point of defying any reasonable expectation of her being defeated and then wondering if we were actually supposed to be rooting for such a reprehensible character to ultimately win.

It makes me think of Yanek - he murdered his other because he was jealous and then made it his life’s work to justify his own actions. Why would the Prime World be any worse off cutting off the obviously less civilized Alpha world long before this point?

Edited by katie9918