Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: Extreme Arctic

• Start Topic

Polar vortex threatening to invade the fishery.  

Well, we're back to the icing narrative.  None of that portrayed in this ep.  It's no joke when it happens, though.

Harley decided to pay for an extra hand, rather than get rid of a toxic dude?  Harley?!  Well, he did save the fleet a few weeks ago, right?

I wonder if Monte was secretly pleased that Keith decided to leave the boat.  

I was disgusted listening to that old salt Josh H. explaining how weather impacts things.  As if he were the first one any of the others would turn to for insight.  

No way did Sig drop pots 10 miles from the edge of the ice floe to soak for anything beyond a few hours.  Especially with the incoming cold which would speed up the floe.  Those huge pots had to have been in the water for a couple of days.  What a tough break the end of the NW boom was.  Stuff like this is why I would never be able to hack that career.  Those guys deserve whatever spoils they amass.

The tease montage showing all manner of pitfalls befalling these guys was super intense.  Wow.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Polar vortex threatening to invade the fishery.  

There's a PV in North America most years. It's normal. And yeah, it sucks if you hate cold. It's only really news when it hits more southern regions of the country. I'd expect it in AK and northern Canada.

I was disgusted listening to that old salt Josh H. explaining how weather impacts things.  As if he were the first one any of the others would turn to for insight.  

Josh can go f--k all the way off. And when he gets there, he can keep f---ing off.

Harley decided to pay for an extra hand, rather than get rid of a toxic dude?  Harley?!  Well, he did save the fleet a few weeks ago, right?

I'm half willing to bet that the bosses at Trident gave him an earful about bringing their company's name into disrepute by his assholery on camera since he's wearing their gear. Either that or Disco no longer needs a villain. 

As for the deckhand, the one part of the conversation that was missing was explaining to the now-demoted deck boss in nice small words, exactly how to motivate the 'horn, and let his skills develop. If the Skipper is willing to endure the new guy's slowness and learning curve in the hope he turns into a good employee then he has to make that fact known to the entire crew. And if he isn't, then dump the new guy on a boat who can let him develop better.

I wonder if Monte was secretly pleased that Keith decided to leave the boat.  

The crew sure as shit was.

• Love 1