Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for Midnight Mass

• Start Topic

While there is no official air date yet, when I read the synopsis for this show I got excited. I hope it's like The Exorcist where creepy stuff happens but I guess only time will tell. For those unfamiliar with the show here is what we know so far:

There's supposed to be 7 episodes and it's supposed to air some time in 2021.

An isolated island community experiences miraculous events – and frightening omens – after the arrival of a charismatic, mysterious young priest.

Mike Flanagan and Trevor Macy created the show. You may know them from such shows as The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor.

The cast of Midnight Mass features a few faces that you may have seen before including The Haunting of Hill House actresses Kate Siegel and Annabeth Gish, Zach Gilford, Hamish Linklater, Michael Trucco, Samantha Sloyan, and Henry Jackson Thomas Jr. who starred in the Netflix horror series The Haunting of Bly Manor. Rahul Kohli of Bly Manor and Henry Thomas of Hill House and Bly Manor will also be in the new series.

Actors Matt Biedel, Rahul Abburi, Igby Rigney, and Robert Longstreet are set to join the cast, and actresses Crystal Balint, Annarah Cymone, Alex Essoe, and Samantha Sloyan are also starring in the upcoming release.

Source

The trailer for Midnight Mass came out earlier this month. I found it a bit underwhelming but I think I was hoping for something more along the lines of "The Exorcist" TV series in terms of creep factor. 

• Love 1

There will be virtual screening event of the first two episodes of Midnight Mass this Wednesday, Sept. 22 @ 5:30 PM PT / 8:30 PM ET. Followed by a Q&A where you never know who will stop by (RSVP while you still can here). ALL SPACES HAVE BEEN FILLED ALREADY.

The first 1,500 fans to RSVP will receive access to the exclusive virtual screening and Q&A. Access is not guaranteed, virtual seats are on a first-come, first-served basis.

• Useful 1