Type keyword(s) to search

In Quotes

• Start Topic

Brooke: That's the name of your girl? Cara?
Laila: She wants me to make the plans and she's cool to let me be in charge.
Brooke: It sounds like she likes the ideas you have.
Laila: Maybe it's that she looks up to me a little bit?
Brooke: Is Cara younger than you, Laila?
Laila: What? I mean, like, not in, like, a weird way. She's a freshman.
Brooke: So that makes her how old?
Laila: Age ain't nothing but a number.
Brooke: Do you know who wrote that song?
Laila: I don't know. It's from before I was born.
Brooke: You should Google it.

Brooke: The whole time I lived in that house, the house where now Shelly gets to vomit chintz all over the place, it was never about my feelings. It was always about protecting [my dad's] feelings. When he felt ashamed of me or he felt that I had let him down, I tried harder. You know I was valedictorian in high school? I got the Deans' Award at Stanford. Do you know how hard that is?
Rita: No, not really.
Brooke: It is a huge fucking deal.

Brooke: If your daughter were 15 instead of 30 like she is now, you would have taken her child away from her? And she would never know him and neither would you and you would have been okay with that? And would she?
Rita: I don't know.
Brooke: Yeah, you don't know. So maybe you shouldn't have an opinion about shit you don't know.
Rita: I didn't realize that was a rule. And since when do we wait to throw out the life preserver until the drowning person asks for it?
Brooke: I am not drowning, I am furious!

Rita: I even put up with him every time he talked about Nietzsche.

(edited)

Colin: At the end of our last session, you said you didn't like me.
Brooke: I said that it wasn't important for the work we do in here for me to like you.
Colin: You can hear how that sounds like you don't like me, right?
Brooke: And you can understand how it's different from what it sounds like.

Colin: I don't want to think about her. Her time will come. She'll slip up, the world will turn on her. I'll sit quietly by, sipping a piping hot cup of go fuck yourself. But until then, I just want to put her out of my mind.
Brooke: Okay, rooting for another person's public demise isn't great, but we only have so much time.

Brooke: Busy parents are a good thing from a therapist's standpoint.
Colin: Yeah?
Brooke: Much easier to untangle busy parents than overly attentive ones, depending on what they were doing. If they were busy doing cocaine, that's bad.

Colin: So if I told you I did write to that woman, that tech fuck, and told her to rot in hell, get fucked by a thousand fire horned demons, that wouldn't affect my standing?
Brooke: Did you do that?
Colin: It's just a hypothetical.
Brooke: I would find it disturbing.

Colin: Why do you believe me?
Brooke: I have to take what you say at face value. Honesty is all you can offer another person. If you give them honesty and they don't respond in kind, that's on them.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1