Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG] Vanishing Text

patty1h

I've had a weird problem for the past 2-3 days.   When I'm typing in this comment box, whole lines and paragraphs will randomly just disappear.   I was typing some comments and in the middle of me typing, the previous paragraph that I'd typed was not there anymore.  For example - I'd typed a 4-line paragraph in the Wendy Williams thread and when I glanced up from my keyboard, that block of words was gone.   I chose UNDO from the Windows menu, hoping to restore the missing portion of typing, but none of the paragraph was available - it's like I never typed the wiped out words.   Also, yesterday I was on the Forums homepage and typed in a show title in the Search box, and before I finished the title, the words in the box blipped out of existence.   I hope my explanation is clear.

When I first got this laptop, I had an issue with the touchpad being sensitive and wiping out words, etc. but I've learned to always turn off my touchpad, so I know it's not my keyboard being too sensitive.   I am NOT having this happen when I'm typing on any other website. 

• Love 2

After reviewing the dev has advised that this is an albeit fairly rare, but known, issue which, in all likelihood will be connected to some very hard to track down internal site software bug. In short, unfortunately, this is unlikely to be fixed anytime soon. If we're get lucky the next software maintenance release may fix it, eta on that is unknown.

(edited)

I just typed a paragraph to say that I was having the same issue and it was good to know that it was a bug and I hit backspace to correct something and pooof there goes the whole paragraph. This has happened to me several times on this site only lately. I know you said it is a deep software bug but it seems to always happen when I am typing fast, and do some kind of space/backspace/enter combo/not combo, if that helps. It makes me wonder if it really is a bug or some kind of google shortcut after all. 

Google Chromebook, updated, Bing

Edited by stewedsquash
added computer information
  • Useful 1