Type keyword(s) to search

Chucky's Past: The Child's Play Movies

• Start Topic

I never saw these movies until I was old enough to handle it, but just seeing posters with Chucky’s face was enough to scare me. Now, despite the gory scenes, I just consider them to be dark horror comedy. Yeah, they’re dumb, but they’re MY dumb. 

Honestly, Cult of Chucky is my personal favorite, mainly because I love the idea of Chucky horcruxing himself. Also I loved Andy and Kyle coming back to torture Chucky’s severed head. Fiona Dourif got her dad’s evil laugh perfectly.

• Love 2

Honestly, the Charles Lee Ray flashbacks in the show put the movies into a new perspective. Chucky saying he’s always liked “hiding behind an innocent face”, which explains why in the first two movies he wasn’t exactly pissed that his only ticket to being human again was a six-year-old child. It’s harder for an adult be the one that nobody suspects.

And the scene in the boys home shows that he’s always had a thing for corrupting kids or using them to do his dirty work, just like he’s done with Andy, Tyler, and Alice—Andy was just the only one to see through Chucky on his own. Tyler was a bit slower on the uptake, while Alice…well, I’m sorry but she was just stupid. Your doll starts laughing evilly at you when you’re scared, makes you hide in a closet while killing your family, and you still think he’s your friend?!? C’mon, Chucky was better at chumming up to Caroline than he was with Alice! He didn’t even pretend to be nice to her!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2021 at 7:53 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Honestly, the Charles Lee Ray flashbacks in the show put the movies into a new perspective. Chucky saying he’s always liked “hiding behind an innocent face”, which explains why in the first two movies he wasn’t exactly pissed that his only ticket to being human again was a six-year-old child. It’s harder for an adult be the one that nobody suspects.

And the scene in the boys home shows that he’s always had a thing for corrupting kids or using them to do his dirty work, just like he’s done with Andy, Tyler, and Alice—Andy was just the only one to see through Chucky on his own. Tyler was a bit slower on the uptake, while Alice…well, I’m sorry but she was just stupid. Your doll starts laughing evilly at you when you’re scared, makes you hide in a closet while killing your family, and you still think he’s your friend?!? C’mon, Chucky was better at chumming up to Caroline than he was with Alice! He didn’t even pretend to be nice to her!

Not to mention her aunt saying that he killed her parents yet there she is at the end sad about how Aunt Nica killed  her parents and saying this TO THE DOLL THAT DID IT. Sad that she's dead cause Chucky possessed her, killed some people and got her killed but the girl was dumb sorry to say 

• Love 1