Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: All Talk Biggy or Smallz

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Posting this here because if any group will appreciate it, I think this will be the one.  9 months ago I started working at my current company for the worst manager I have ever had in my life.  How was she bad?  She was basically Bethenny:

• Would use fuck all the time as if that made her "cool"
  • Would go off on someone for no reason at all
  • Never apologized for any of her behavior
  • Never said "we"; everything was "I" and "me"
  • Always took credit for the work that others had done 
  • Repeatedly created crises out of nothing adding extra stress to whole groups for no good reason
  • Blamed others for the crises 
  • Then took credit for resolving the crises that she created 
  • Would be really nasty to people in meetings, especially me (I have many slacks of people telling me what she said was wrong or mean or to try not to let it bother me because they know it's BS)
  • Often gave misinformation, then would double down when asked about it
  • Kept adding to her own story of who she was, what she had done and how important she is 

I went on a two week medical leave.  Prior to leaving I said to the head of HR that if I came back to the same reporting structure I would be leaving.  I returned and was told that I no longer reported to her.  Also, the only other person who reported to her quit (she gave me warning so I knew it was coming).  While our manager wasn't the primary reason she left, it did weigh heavily in her decision. 

My then prior manager started doing everything she could to bad mouth me in the company.  She was also telling people that once she could get rid of me, she would build a new team reporting to her, pushing an agenda that I was the problem, not her.

Today I learned that Tuesday is her last day. Her. Last. Day.  I had to stop myself from doing a dance while on the zoom in which I was told.  I was only on with her and our new manager. He kept saying how much she would be missed and seemed to think I would chime in.  Me: <<crickets>>

I refuse to play the "oh she was so great; I don't know what we'll do without her" game.  I know what we'll do.  We'll breathe.  We'll stop worrying that she'll attack someone for being in her sightline during a call.  We'll be able to trust what is said to us rather than digging through the lies and obfuscation. We will be professional in front of clients.  We will treat each other with respect.  

It's a whole new world!

• Love 8