Type keyword(s) to search

The Kid Detective (2020)

• Start Topic

Well this one caught me by surprise.  I knew almost nothing about it going in, except I find Adam Brody relatively appealing.  He was just great, and the movie felt very confidently directed, which is always a treat.

It's funny in a mostly dead-pan way (I laughed out loud a couple of times, and you know that was genuine because I was the only one in the theater), and then it turns very dark, but not jarringly so, maybe because I was never sure exactly where I was with this movie.

Whatever--I appreciate people taking risks, and I'm really glad I saw it.  And wish someone else would see it because I read a review that mentioned the last shot of the movie, and I can't remember what it was.  I know what was going on at the end, but not specifically the last shot.  Argh.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It's funny in a mostly dead-pan way (I laughed out loud a couple of times, and you know that was genuine because I was the only one in the theater), and then it turns very dark

Yeah, I was expecting a light dramedy about arrested development and then, all of a sudden we got

Spoiler

Room. I gotta say, adult Gracie stuck with me.