Type keyword(s) to search

Resident Evil Anticipation

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well, this whole topic forum is kinda pretty dead silent considering its been out for a week now.  Although, considering the listed name for episode one listed here, I think the original released info or direction of the series underwent a big change between that and the finished & released product.

I haven't played all the games - think I only played a little bit of the first one, honestly - but I know generalities of the series as a whole. 

That said, for an animated [anime] series (or season 1) that only ran a grand total of approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes [4 eps], it was ... ok.  Nothing quite award winning story-wise, but a not-wasted use of time if you like the genre.  The video quality/animation was very good, no real complaints there.

I do hope they plan on another season or sequel, as I detest series that are left open-ended for no real reason.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
55 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Well, this whole topic forum is kinda pretty dead silent considering its been out for a week now.  Although, considering the listed name for episode one listed here, I think the original released info or direction of the series underwent a big change between that and the finished & released product.

There are actually two series. This forum is for Resident Evil, the live action series that has not yet had a premiere date announced.

There is also the animated series Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness that premiered last week.

50 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

There are actually two series. This forum is for Resident Evil, the live action series that has not yet had a premiere date announced.

There is also the animated series Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness that premiered last week.

D'oh!

My bad. 

I'm down for a Live Action series - if done well.  Is it just going to be a retelling of the games, only in TV series form?

I'll still check it out, first couple episodes at least, but after reading about the series ... it seems more like a fanfic-turned-streaming TV series.

I'd honestly rather watch a live-action version of the game(s), not some "15 years after ..." speculative fiction.

Don't really get the "... will follow the villain Albert Wesker, captain of the S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) Alpha Team." part of the series' synopsis.   I haven't played any of the games, but having watched some gameplay and read about most of them (& some fanfics) pretty sure the 'STARS team(s)' weren't a thing after the first 3 or 4 games, was it?  And even if it was, wasn't AW already outed as an Umbrella BOW'd stooge during those games/'years'??