Type keyword(s) to search

Riders Up!: Anticipation for Slow Horses

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Huge fan of the book series. Looking forward to this, but more than a little concerned with the casting of Gary Oldman as Jackson Lamb. He seems just physically wrong for the part. The accent he uses, as far as I can tell from the trailer, also doesn’t seem to fit the character (at least in my mental conception). Seems to have been chosen to underline the contrast between Lamb and Kristin Scott Thomas’s upper crusty characterization of Taverner.

can't wait, love the books.  I think it's going to be hard to convey the Jackson Lamb character as depicted, though - is he going to smoke and fart all the time?  So many times, tv adaptations are fine on their own but not in reference to their source material.  

I'm trying to keep my expectations really low.  But it's hard

Edited by mjc570
19 hours ago, mjc570 said:

can't wait, love the books.  I think it's going to be hard to convey the Jackson Lam character as depicted, though - is he going to smoke and fart all the time?  So many times, tv adaptations are fine on their own but not in reference to their source material.  

I'm trying to keep my expectations really low.  But it's hard

I guess…and agree about the farting and smoking (which are overdone in the books), but the physicality is a big part of the character. I would have seen a bigger bulkier actor like a Brendan Gleeson or Robbie Coltrane type as a better fit (both are probably too old though). 

My complaints remind me of all the flak about Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher.

• Love 2