Type keyword(s) to search

[NOT A BUG] Quoted posts not being condensed

SoMuchTV

It seems like full quoted posts are being shown, rather than a few lines with the opinion to expand. Not quite sure when I first started seeing it. Last day or so? Glitch? Browser issue? iPhone/safari. 

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/108727-s45e18-snl-at-home-3/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-6263446

One example is on that page ^^ - the post by Jody on 8/3/2020 2:54 AM (I'm ET, if it's adjusting it differently for you).

This time it's on a desktop (Firefox/Win10).  When I reported it, it was on iPhone/Safari.

I did find one that is working correctly:  https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/106918-s45e14-john-mulaneydavid-byrne/#comments

(Lantern7, 3/1/2020, 1:54 AM)

I haven't been able to find any other long ones to check but if you have any you're aware of, I can check.

Posts have a limited amount of 'real estate' which the system will automatically condense if/when quoted. I've never tried to figure out precisely what that value is, however, looking at the post in the first link you provided I'd say that it didn't fall outside of the limit  to warrant being condensed.

1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

Posts have a limited amount of 'real estate' which the system will automatically condense if/when quoted. I've never tried to figure out precisely what that value is, however, looking at the post in the first link you provided I'd say that it didn't fall outside of the limit  to warrant being condensed.

Okay - thanks for checking.  I was seeing some that seemed pretty long, but maybe it seemed longer to me because of the multiple quotes.

1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Okay - thanks for checking.  I was seeing some that seemed pretty long, but maybe it seemed longer to me because of the multiple quotes.

I went and had another look because the post the first link took me to didn't have multiple quotes. I've now found the correct post and yes I agree that is strange. I'm going to chalk it up to a glitch for now but if you see any further instances please let me know. Thanks.

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I went and had another look because the post the first link took me to didn't have multiple quotes. I've now found the correct post and yes I agree that is strange. I'm going to chalk it up to a glitch for now but if you see any further instances please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks. I could only figure out how to copy the url for the page, then describe which post it is. Now that I look closer, I see there’s an icon that lets you share the exact post. So if nothing else, I’ve learned something!

• Love 1