Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Rust: Iron Filings

• Start Topic

Set against the background of industrial steel town decay, American Rust is a story of survival, betrayal, and the lengths people are willing to go, revealing a town full of good people making bad choices. As the the jobs moved out, the drugs moved in.

Based on Philipp Meyer’s debut novel, American Rust, this family drama will explore the tattered American dream through the eyes of complicated and compromised Police Chief Del Harris (Jeff Daniels). Filmed in Pittsburgh, the story is centered in the small fictional Rust Belt town of Buell in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. 

jeff-daniels-american-rust-social.jpg?q=

Police Chief Del Harris is revealed to be a war vet and a former Pittsburgh detective slowly weaning himself off prescription drugs for pain and PTSD. Follow Police Chief Del Harris as he struggles to keep Buell together after a death has marred the town, stirring tensions and casting doubt on everyone and everything.  

billy-enters-the-mill-american-rust-s1e1

Accused of this murder is Billy Poe (Alex Neustaedter), a high school football star floundering about what to do after graduating due to his family’s poverty and lack of opportunity in this financially depressed area.
american-rust-season-1-social-featured.j  
Grace Poe (Maura Tierney) is a local dressmaker and mother of Billy, in love with Police Chief Del Harris, as well as separated, but still married to Virgil (Mark Pellegrino), the town cad. Police Chief Del Harris remains conflicted by what he has done and is willing to do to ensure that the woman he loves' son is not convicted of murder. How does this set with Steve Park (Rob Yang), Police Chief Del Harris' second in command.

virgil-and-grace-in-court-american-rust-

isaac-is-ready-to-roll-american-rust-s1e

Billy's best friend, Isaac (David Alvarez), is itching to get out of town and take Billy with him. Isaac is tied to the town since he has been caring for his infirmed father, Henry (Bill Camp), ever since his sister, Lee (Julia Maygora), was accepted to Yale and then moved to New York City, where she married a man her family has never met.

bill-camp-the-outsider-social.jpg?q=50&f

lee-and-her-husband-american-rust-s1e1.j

American Rust will premiere at 10 p.m. Sunday, September 12, on Showtime.

The first episode of this nine episode series can be viewed for free, right now, on YouTube, Showtime.com, and Sho.com, and across multiple Showtime partner platforms.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2022 at 3:58 AM, The Pretender said:

I'm shook. Did not see this one coming at all. I hope S2 will improve, I will give it a try for the talent they do have onboard & I did like the gritty feeling of the show but they need to improve the storytelling a lot. 

I didn't see this coming, either.

Same for me, I'll watch anything Maura Tierny does.

... but man this was a depressing slow-moving mess.

• Like 1
(edited)

American-Rust_-Broken-Justice-Horizontal

‘American Rust’ Season 2 Moves to Amazon Prime Video From Freevee, Sets Premiere Date

American Rust is based on a novel of the same name by Philipp Meyer and the series takes place in the fictional small town of Buell, Pennsylvania. Season 1 originally aired on Showtime before it was cancelled, only to be saved from cancellation to stream on Amazon Freevee, since then things have changed and the 10 episode Season 2 will now stream on March 28, 2024 on Prime Video.

American-Rust-Opiod-Crisis.jpg

Season 2 is called American Rust: Broken Justice. Del Harris and Grace Poe try to rebuild their lives after the harrowing events of Season One. Season Two picks up with a string of seemingly unrelated murders, hinting at a much larger conspiracy that threatens everyone in this small, tight-knit town.

Returning Cast:
Jeff Daniels as Del Harris 
Maura Tierney as Grace Poe 
David Alvarez as Isaac English
Alex Neustaedter as Billy Poe
Julie Mayorga as Lee English
Mark Pellegrino as Virgil Poe
Rob Yang as Chief Steve Park
Kyle Beltran as Detective Fisher

New Season 2 Cast:
Luna Lauren Velez as Detective Angela Burgos
Marc Menchaca as Vic Walker