Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Gantry Gossip

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

In one of the episodes Poh spoke about not wanting to bring fried rice to school.

It's amazing how far we've come in Australia. My son who was born here and speaks only English will do anything to avoid a sandwich!

His favorite lunch is a Thermos loaded with fried rice or pasta etc

He's been known to bring seared duck breast to school and steak!

He tells me a lot of kids throw their sandwiches straight into the bin but will eat lunch when their parents pack them leftovers.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2020 at 5:29 AM, Mellowyellow said:

In one of the episodes Poh spoke about not wanting to bring fried rice to school.

It's amazing how far we've come in Australia. My son who was born here and speaks only English will do anything to avoid a sandwich!

His favorite lunch is a Thermos loaded with fried rice or pasta etc

He's been known to bring seared duck breast to school and steak!

He tells me a lot of kids throw their sandwiches straight into the bin but will eat lunch when their parents pack them leftovers.

Hmm, I don't know that it's really that far.  When Poh was bringing rice, she was probably being teased and bullied for her lunch.  When you son's peers throw their sandwiches away it's probably the same thing... they're trying to avoid being picked on by the bullies, 'Oh, look at the poor kid!'  (been there, done that... doesn't always work)