Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: You Know You're A Parent When...

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Just watched episode 3 on Hulu and the ad at the beginning was for some high-class bourbon.  Wish I could remember the brand, but it wasn't there when I went back and tried to rewatch.  Anyway, seemed appropriate.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, possibilities said:

This was hard to watch but I really liked it. They are showing so many angles on the family dynamic, and it's notable that Paul is having a great time while Aly is struggling, and he has no idea and feels no conscience about any of it.

They all frankly are annoying. It's realistic, and understandable, and still miserable to watch. But I really appreciate them doing this, because it's rare that such an unflinching indictment of absolutely everyone is shown in a deadpan and not really much exaggerated way. 

On 6/10/2022 at 12:48 PM, cinsays said:

I didn't see the earlier seasons, was that as depressing as this one?

Is this supposed to be a comedy? Everyone is sad or depressed or angry most of the time.

Are we supposed to be able to read the text messages they are constantly showing?

Are you all able to watch this show without the closed captioning - I can't understand most of what is being said.

I don't know why I am continuing to watch this, I do not find anything at all enjoyable about it.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:37 AM, cinsays said:

I think they're all pretty screwed up people and not anybody i would want to know.
Paul should know better than to rage like that and Ally just seems like a downer of a person.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:09 PM, gingerella said:

This show is full of awful people. It's so like Better Things in that sense, alas.

If you want to like this show but everyone is just too awful for you, can I put in a plug for Trying on AppleTV+?  Kind of the alternate universe of Breeders, quirky couple in London, cute (to my American ears) accents, but everyone is somehow likeable.  (Up to S3/E2, anyway; that's all I've seen.)

3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

If you want to like this show but everyone is just too awful for you, can I put in a plug for Trying on AppleTV+?  Kind of the alternate universe of Breeders, quirky couple in London, cute (to my American ears) accents, but everyone is somehow likeable.  (Up to S3/E2, anyway; that's all I've seen.)

Sorry, don't have Apple TV

2 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Sorry, don't have Apple TV

No problem, just putting it out there in case anyone’s interested.

FWIW, I’ve had Apple TV for two or three years and have yet to pay for it, with free promos from buying an Apple device, Target Circle membership, and maybe some other offer I can’t remember now.