Type keyword(s) to search

Any One of Us

• Start Topic

I just saw this film on HBO and came here to see what others had to say about it.  It really is an outstanding documentary, imo.  It details the life of a world champion mountain cyclist who is paralyzed after an injury he sustained during a competition a few years ago.  It also highlights the lives of other spinal cord injury survivors. Some were sitting in traffic, walking down the street, having a medical procedure, etc.  We never know what the future holds.   It really gives you a lot to consider.  If you get the time, I'd check it out.  I watched it twice and may watch it again.  It's that uplifting.  All profits go to spinal cord injury research.  (I looked and didn't see any other thread for this.)

https://www.bicycling.com/news/a29622527/paul-basagoitia-any-one-of-us-documentary/

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I was similarly inspired by this doc. It really could happen to “any one of us”....a prospect I found humbling. 

Since I watched this doumentary, I had a friend undergo spine surgery and is in rehab due to arm paralysis. Another family friend was in a car accident and broke her back. Is undergoing surgery now. I can barely believe it