Type keyword(s) to search

[Enquiry, Resolved] Search not working, or user error?

SoMuchTV

FOX ran a 6-episode sitcom earlier this month called "The Moodys".  I wondered if there was a thread for it (but I wasn't invested enough to start one myself).  I searched using the "Search by show title" box at the top of the customized home page.  Nothing came up.  I tried the magnifying glass at the top left of the page, then specified "forums".  Nothing came up.

Then when I was following the "Live in front of a studio audience" (All in the Family, etc.), I saw that a thread for The Moodys was in that same forum (Specials, TV Movies & Other One-Offs), and it had been there back when I was doing my search.

So... am I misunderstanding how the search should be working, or is there a problem with it?  How should one search for a show that doesn't necessarily have its own forum, or, say for a movie that might be in Pop Culture/Movies?

I think that means I don't know how to do search-- if I search in the "Forums" page (All Shows) and "Search by Show Title" are you saying it matters which category it is in? Doesn't it search "everywhere" ? I don't understand why it would matter to SoMuchTV which category the show she/he was searching for was in.

My question about searching was locked before I got a chance to see the responses, but I did want to add an update.  I realize now I'd tried two methods of searching (circled in green), but had completely missed what is apparently the method I should have used (circled in red).  Which does raise a couple of questions/suggestions:

- what is the magnifying glass on the top left supposed to do?

- is the "Search by show title" function limited to shows on your customized home page? [Edit - just reread your earlier response & realized you answered this part.  Still would suggest enhancing the description.]

- and in both cases, would it be possible to add a little more description or maybe a popup tool tip to explain?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.2c812296a5beb6968cf83c9276db7db2.png

(sorry, when I edited, the image got pasted in again and I can't seem to remove the extra.  Let's see if 3rd time is the charm.)

image.png

Edited by SoMuchTV
On 12/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, SoMuchTV said:

what is the magnifying glass on the top left supposed to do?

This searches the editorial section of the site for articles etc.

On 12/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, SoMuchTV said:

is the "Search by show title" function limited to shows on your customized home page? [Edit - just reread your earlier response & realized you answered this part.  Still would suggest enhancing the description.]

I'll have this added to our FAQ area.

• Useful 1