Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Lesser Key of Solomon

Lt. Abbie Mills and Ichabod Crane search for Abbie's estranged sister, Jenny, who has escaped from a Sleepy Hollow psychiatric hospital. In a game-changing episode, which includes flashbacks to the real Boston Tea Party, Abbie and Ichabod discover more about the evil they are facing... and finally learn its name.

Thank you, re-watch--I forgot that this episode had the Yolanda exchange, the sister standoff, some nice quiet moments between Crane and Abby (especially in the foster home) (cocking a gun)

Originally, I was a little irked that the Germans/Hessians were made out to be the "bad guys" but there is a larger picture of the nature of evil as the captured Hessian made clear. And creepy.

It wasn't my favorite episode, but as usual, the character moments round out and enliven the story.

Thank you, re-watch--I forgot that this episode had the Yolanda exchange, the sister standoff,

I love the sisters' bickering because it sounded so real. It wasn't sit-com banter. There harsh words came from a place of pain and feelings of betrayal. The Mills sisters are my 2nd favorite relationship on the show.

And I liked the Yolanda scene, but why was Crane telling her to stick it out with a man who doesn't show her any love?

• Love 1