Type keyword(s) to search

[NOT A BUG?] Topics going read before they're...read

GHScorpiosRule

Another glitch that started today. Due to the removal of the next unread topic title with the last upgrade, I go to the topic listing and pick and choose which threads I want to read and in which order. For example, in The View, there are two threads that have new posts. When I go to say, the second unread thread first and read it, and then scroll to "go to the next unread topic", that option is not there. When I go back to the topic listing, the first thread is now grayed out, as if I already read it, when I haven't. It also happened in the Everything Else TV forum.

Windows 10/Google Chrome; iPhone/Safari.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:00 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Another glitch that started today. Due to the removal of the next unread topic title with the last upgrade, I go to the topic listing and pick and choose which threads I want to read and in which order. For example, in The View, there are two threads that have new posts. When I go to say, the second unread thread first and read it, and then scroll to "go to the next unread topic", that option is not there. When I go back to the topic listing, the first thread is now grayed out, as if I already read it, when I haven't. It also happened in the Everything Else TV forum.

Windows 10/Google Chrome; iPhone/Safari.

I don't normally use the "go to next unread topic" option, but the bolded behavior above (things being marked as 'read' when I haven't opened them) has been randomly happening for me for months (years?)  The answer in the past has been "let's see how this is after the next upgrade".  It's not a huge deal but it seems like it's randomly persisted.

"4 hours ago

I haven't got that error, but I have had all threads in a forum suddenly showing as read after only reading one.  It's been sporadic, and haven't found a pattern."

and weirdly I can see @aquarian1 's post above, even though it's pink and says "hidden".  And it exactly describes what I've been seeing.