Type keyword(s) to search

In the Shadow of the Moon (2019)

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

“A Philadelphia police officer struggles with a lifelong obsession to track down a mysterious serial killer whose crimes defy explanation.”

Released Sept 27, 2019 on Netflix.  With Boyd Holbrook, Cleopatra Coleman, Bokeem Woodbine, and Michael C Hall

I liked this very much. I rewatched it immediately because I wanted to catch everything.

It sets itself up as one genre and then shifts into another.

It also had hidden in it a controversial take on the free speech topic. I might actually disagree with it but I was fascinated anyway.

I mean, it reminded me that I hate genocide but then again, Thanos had a point.

I liked it too! It kept me engaged and theorizing. A couple complaints were Michael C Hall’s meandering accent and the plot twist that wasn’t too hard to figure out.

Some days Thanos is a mood so TOTALLY AGREE! (Don’t Read IMDB user reviews on this). The topical controversial take is an interesting thought experiment. 

• Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 2:24 AM, Anela said:

I watched it, but I don't understand the references to Thanos. 

The film deals with the suppression of free speech.  They are retroactively shutting down the neo-nazish group (who caused the future conflict) from spreading their rhetoric. 

So my conflict is that I'm a proponent of free speech. How do I root for the heroes?

Well, I'm also against genocide, but so many people have pointed out that Thanos has a point about the universe being so over crowded that people  live in poverty and starve and fight over resources. So should we root for Thanos? 

The films have similar moral dilemmas.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsR said:

The film deals with the suppression of free speech.  They are retroactively shutting down the neo-nazish group (who caused the future conflict) from spreading their rhetoric. 

So my conflict is that I'm a proponent of free speech. How do I root for the heroes?

Well, I'm also against genocide, but so many people have pointed out that Thanos has a point about the universe being so over crowded that people  live in poverty and starve and fight over resources. So should we root for Thanos? 

The films have similar moral dilemmas.

Oh, thank you for explaining. I don't know much about the Thanos character (or any movies that he's featured in). 🙂