Type keyword(s) to search

Buzzers - Are They Equal ??

jjmretired
  • Start Topic

I can't help but notice that the two challengers seem to buzz in quicker than the champion. It's almost like the champions buzzer has a slight delay built in. I'll watch a challenger out buzz the champion and become the champion. Then on the next show, you watch the champion attempting to ring in and he or she gets beat out by the challengers. I'd like to hear someone from the staff of the show explain how accurate the three buzzers are.

From experience, 3 and 1 respond the same. I've never even rehearsed out of 2 by some weird coincidence but I would assume it's no different. There's a computer system that shows the contestant wranglers who's ringing in when and if you're consistently early they'll let you know, and I'm sure the S&P third-party lawyer would have noticed by now if it was deliberately rigged.

• Love 1

Actually, James Holzhauer said he practiced using a made up buzzer at home, before going on the show last year. He mentioned in interviews that there's a book for sale (on Amazon) that explains about the "buzzer technique".

• Useful 1