Type keyword(s) to search

Minneapple

12.5k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

3.8k profile views
  1. Kaylia Nemour with the beautiful bars routine to win gold is a major fuck you to the French gymnastics federation that tried to screw her over. Yay for Suni! She looks so happy. After everything she went through with kidney disease, she deserves all the nice things. And she still has a chance at one more medal on beam!
  2. I am sad that Kaylia Nemour didn’t get on the podium, a little. But she still has a great chance at an uneven bars medal, even possibly gold, which would be great.
  3. THIS WAS THE PERFECT PODIUM I’M SO HAPPY.
  4. Especially considering she and Suni were teammates in Tokyo and knowing what Suni went through with her kidney disease, like how shitty of a person do you have to be to say such things about her? How hard is it to … not say anything bad about Suni? Here, look at me, I’m doing it right now! That fall from the Canadian gymnast was scary. Yikes. His hands were all bloody!
  5. So after Olympic trials, Skinner (who has done some, let’s say not so nice things in the past) posted this awful video where she talked about how the gymnasts today (except Simone) don’t have work ethic and how Suni Lee doesn’t have a “gymnastics body,” whatever that means. A ton of gymnasts including Simone unfollowed her, a few people commented about it and she made one of those “sorry if you’re upset” videos. Since it was insincere, no one bought it and she released a statement saying “No, really, I’m sorry.” So after they won the gold yesterday, Simone made an insta post with the caption of “lack of talent, lazy, Olympic champions.” And all hell broke loose as every gymnast and actually everyone in the world has commented because they knew what Simone was referring to. The story has even been picked up by the national media. Really…go read the comments on Simone’s post. It’s breathtaking.
  6. They also showed Flavia’s routine during the live broadcast. They talked about her eye, said she had the fun can-can music and that she is a popular athlete in Brazil. Btw, if you are not relishing MyKayla Skinner being ended by Simone on insta and subsequently canceled by everyone in the world, you probably have a life unlike me.
  7. The world feed on Peacock is showing the medal ceremony.
  8. That was so cute, they were all doing her routine along with her. Aw. The American girls hugging the Italian team. And making their plans for social media tonight!
  9. Update: Italy silver and Brazil bronze.
  10. It's kind of poetic that this competition will end with Simone on floor. Italy is going to be on the podium!
  11. Rebeca's Cheng vault scored a 15.1 and that might lead Brazil to the podium. Italy has not had a great rotation on floor.
  12. The US has a four-point lead going into the last rotation, which is floor exercise. (Just don't fuck it up like China yesterday and Team USA gets the gold.) There's quite a fight for silver and bronze, though. Italy, Great Britain, China, Canada and Brazil all in contention.
  13. I have the multiview up on Peacock and I highly recommend. No announcers, just four routines simultaneously. I get why NBC doesn’t want to do this for their main broadcast, though. I’m cheering for Italy to get on the podium. It’s so nice how they cheer everyone on. Aw, look how happy Suni is! After reading and hearing about everything she’s gone through, she deserves all the good things.
  14. The US' biggest competitors (China and Brazil) are falling apart on beam. Jordan slayed her bars routine. We were discussing the popularity of women's vs. men's gymnastics. Allll the big stars are out for today's women's final.