Type keyword(s) to search

Truth Be Told In The Media

• Start Topic

Some casting news has been announced;

Apple has assembled a star-studded cast for its Octavia Spencer series Are You Sleeping, from Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and the scripted drama venture of Peter Chernin’s Chernin Entertainment and Endeavor Content.

Joining Spencer in the 10-episode thriller drama are Aaron Paul (The Path, Breaking Bad), Weeds alumna Elizabeth Perkins, Mekhi Phifer (ER, 8 Mile), Michael Beach (Aquaman, Sons of Anarchy), Tracie Thoms (Rent, Unreal), and Haneefah Wood (Baskets, One Day at a Time).

and

Emmy-nominated This Is Us co-star Ron Cephas Jones no longer will be a series regular on the popular NBC family drama. He has joined the star-studded cast of Are You Sleeping, Apple’s upcoming 10-episode thriller drama series from Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and the scripted drama venture of Peter Chernin’s Chernin Entertainment and Endeavor Content. Octavia Spencer stars.

On 5/5/2018 at 9:10 AM, SilverStormm said:

Your Book Topic!

Hmm I just googled this seems a bit interesting! Did you finish reading this book? I was planning on giving a shot but would rather first get some feedback from someone who read it. I hate when I read something and it's just so boring that I can fall asleep reading it ha!

On 6/13/2018 at 3:01 PM, saoirse said:

Some casting news has been announced; Sleeping is a key!

Apple has assembled a star-studded cast for its Octavia Spencer series Are You Sleeping, from Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and the scripted drama venture of Peter Chernin’s Chernin Entertainment and Endeavor Content.

Joining Spencer in the 10-episode thriller drama are Aaron Paul (The Path, Breaking Bad), Weeds alumna Elizabeth Perkins, Mekhi Phifer (ER, 8 Mile), Michael Beach (Aquaman, Sons of Anarchy), Tracie Thoms (Rent, Unreal), and Haneefah Wood (Baskets, One Day at a Time).

and

Emmy-nominated This Is Us co-star Ron Cephas Jones no longer will be a series regular on the popular NBC family drama. He has joined the star-studded cast of Are You Sleeping, Apple’s upcoming 10-episode thriller drama series from Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and the scripted drama venture of Peter Chernin’s Chernin Entertainment and Endeavor Content. Octavia Spencer stars.

Hmm, interesting. Honestly, speaking media is just not good. I don't know I would rather not listen to them. 

The show has been renamed, from Are You Sleeping to Truth Be Told, as per Apple's presentation today. From Deadline:

Truth Be Told: The thriller drama series starring Octavia Spencer and Lizzy Caplan had been known as Are You Sleeping. From Chernin Entertainment/Endeavor Content and Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine, the series is created and written by Nichelle Tramble Spellman and based on Kathleen Barber’s true-crime novel and offers a glimpse into America’s obsession with true-crime podcasts.

Drama series billed as a unique glimpse into America's obsession with true-crime podcasts and challenges its viewers to consider the consequences when the pursuit of justice is placed on a public stage  -  from thefutoncritic

Media!