Type keyword(s) to search

[Enquiry, ANSWERED] Wish I Could Delete Posts Created by Mistake

This is a question/suggestion, not a bug. (Apologies if it's been asked and answered in the past; I don't see it among the existing topics.) I just had the experience of boneheadedly clicking the wrong icon--and then boneheadedly clicking Save before I realized my mistake--which resulted in my quoting my own post when I was actually trying to edit it. It would have been great if I could eliminate the mistaken post altogether, but I don't see where that is possible. The only solution seems to be to edit the mistaken post by replacing the content with "Nothing to see here" or something like that. 

Could the option to delete mistaken posts be built into the Forums at some point in the future? (Or is there already a way to do it that I'm not seeing?) Thanks.

As users can edit their own posts for up to a week, if brainfartage happens you can edit the post to read "Please delete" or, if it's after the edit window has expired, report the post to request the same.

9 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Could the option to delete mistaken posts be built into the Forums at some point in the future?

It's possible, but the probability isn't good.

• Love 1